Chapter Thirteen: Shut up! You piss me off!

She wonders how she was going to explain to her father about last night’s party. It was supposed to be a kill and run thing but in the end, she was partying for real. Her father wouldn’t take this well. She swallowed her saliva as she got ready for her punishment.

There he is, sitting on that couch as he wipes his gun. He caught her walking towards him and instantly he gave her a glare like as though he knew what she wanted to tell him. ‘Morning. No work today?’ She asked with a casual tone, trying to hide her little fear. ‘So, what did you learn?’ Eric, her father asked sternly. She knows very clearly that he didn’t mean about school but about the demonic aura. ‘I know who’s the guy emitting the demonic aura already.’ She replied. ‘Oh? So?’ Eric replied with little concern in his voice. ‘He is much stronger than we thought. His whole demonic aura could press us down.’ She replied and shuddered as she remembers what happened in the canteen. ‘So, last night, you went out to slay him?’ He asked again with no concern in his voice. ‘No.’ She replied boldly. Eric frowned at her as he heard and was waiting for her answer.

She wonders why there are times where he would be so nice to her, yet sometimes, he can be as cold as ice. Whenever it comes to work, he would never joke. Sometimes, she thinks that he is being too hard on her but it is only his sternness that made her strong.

‘The man we’re looking for is Dominic Victor. At least that is his alias name. He is studying at that school. But the reason why he is there, I do not know.’ She said. He nodded. ‘Then, we will have to find out before we kill him then. But be careful. So, you went to the party to track him, is it not?’ He asked sternly with his eyes lock on to hers. She swallowed at the sight of her father’s stern gaze. His eyes lock on to hers as though he knew exactly happened but wanted to hear it from her. ‘Yes, but he wasn’t there.’ She replied with a casual tone as she was trying to hide her fear. ‘So, you decided to have some fun instead?!’ Her father is now practically shouting.

‘Is there something wrong with that?’ Suddenly, she heard a familiar feminine voice speak out and immediately recognizes it is her mother. ‘Amy, please back me up with this. She is supposed to be working not flirting with some boy.’ Eric said desperately. ‘I allowed her to do that is it wrong? She is only seventeen, darling. Soon enough she would have to take over the family’s burden, I want her to live as normal as possible.’ Amy said with a stern tone.

‘But she was flirting with a boy and dancing with such…… There was even stripper at the party! I would not accept such an action from my daughter!’ Eric replied sternly to her mother.

Shane could no longer take it. The pressure that her father had always been putting on her it’s now breaking her inside. She felt as though she would explode anytime soon. Can he not trust her? Can he not trust her in her own judgment?

‘I bet you have done all those things before. You have had the privilege to do all those things, then why can’t I? For once in my life, I get to have a little normal fun, and you want to ban me from doing so! I have been a freak all my life, why can’t I be normal for once?’ Shane said bluntly with anger. She caught her father’s eyes widen as she had never fought back in whatever her father says or wants her to do. ‘I’m also human, dad! I want to live!’ She said desperately.

Her father just stared at her like he was shock. ‘I respect you, dear. I want you to live life but that boy is just too……’ He said. And then it hit her, he sent someone to follow her. Does he not trust her? ‘You sent someone to follow me?’ She asked with disbelief. Immediately, she caught a glimpse of guilt on his face. ‘You sent someone to follow me!’ She shouted. ‘That’s it! That’s it!’ She said with anger. ‘You can fuck yourself in this mission! I am not going to be involved in it anymore! If you do not trust my abilities to protect myself, then you can fuck it! Go! Deal with it yourself, my ‘respected’ father!’ She said with anger and without caring if he was shouting for her, she stormed out of the house.