Chapter Twenty Nine: Safe and Sound

Play the video as you read this chapter. This chapter is dedicated to my family. Hope you all like it. Please vote for me. Thank you.

_____________________________________________________________

Quickly, Shane ran into her bathroom and showered. She somehow really wanted to have Damian all to herself tonight, but she knew once she had fallen asleep he would be off to the meeting. Once she was done in with her shower, she quickly made her way to the bed where Damian was already on it. His eyes close as though he was asleep. She didn’t bother to wear anything special, just her same old spaghetti straps blouse and shorts which was her PJ. Damian opened one eye to peek at her and quick enough both of his eyes flung open. He looks up and down at her body as he smirked playfully at her. He must have like the view.

Playfully, she moves closer to him and softly climbs over him to the other side of the bed so he got a good view of her body. She knew that it would make Damian shivers with pleasure. She could just imagine him touching her and immediately she shook her head. That is a very dirty thought, Shane. She heard Damian said in her head and knew that Damian must have seen what she was imagining. She ignored her and lied on the bed with the blanket covering her tired body. Damian pulled her closer and ran kisses down from her forehead to her ear and then to the cheek and down to her chinbone. Those kiss sends endless electrifying pleasure once again through her body.

She could feel Damian’s big palm moving tracing her waist line to her hips. She felt him squeezes her hips a little which made her moan with pleasure. Damian slowly kisses down to her chest. He paused and looked at her playfully as he blew his breath on her breast. It made her shivers in pleasure once again. Damian then placed a kiss on one of her breast which made her moan out loud. It did felt good but it didn’t last long as Damian withdrew and it made Shane grunted with dislike. She wanted him to continue to caress her body. But Damian just withdrew and pulled her body closer to him to let her lay her head on his chest. She grunted again and that made Damian chuckled.

 ‘One step at a time, missy. I promised your father not to touch you, but I had just done more than just touch you. I think I would prefer him to not try to kill me.’ Damian said. She rolled her eyes and hit Damian’s chest which only made him chuckled again. ‘I don’t care what he thinks. I still can’t believe he actually arranged who I should marry to! I had enough of his stupid control freak commander character!’ She said. Her tone was utterly annoyed. ‘You can hate him tomorrow, mon seul et unique. Tonight, you’re going to sleep.’ He said in a soft whisper by her ear as he run his fingers through her hair.

She just noticed that whenever Damian wants to be playful, he would call her ‘missy’ and whenever he wants to be completely warm he would call her in French. And because of that she loves him more. She knew clearly that he only did all that because he loves her too. But she didn’t understand why he would still hide things from her. It was clear that he wanted her away from the meeting. When she was at the kitchen, she felt Damian used his telepathic ability to communicate with her parents. Clearly, Damian didn’t want her to know a certain things but she do wish that he would not keep secrets from her. She is his Soul Mate and keeping secrets just isn’t right.

She looks up at Damian not wanting to sleep just yet. ‘You’re hiding something from me.’ She said. Damian looks down at her and did not speak a word. ‘Damian, I’m fine if you don’t want to tell me a certain thing because everyone needs personal spaces as well but if it is something important, please don’t hide it from me. And clearly, you’re hiding something important from me. Please, Damian, I don’t want you to be hurt.’ She said. Damian nodded in agreement but remained silent. She wanted to push for more but she also didn’t want to be too pushy. She sighed knowing that she had failed and lean back on his chest. ‘Trust me, that is all I ask.’ He said. She nodded and he kissed her hair.

‘I would protect you and you would be safe and sound.’ Damian said to reassure her but it wasn’t her own safety that she was worried about it was his. But she knew he wouldn’t let himself get harm. She wouldn’t be able to take it if he were to die. Quickly, she mental slap herself. Damian wouldn’t be hurt. ‘Funny, this sounded like Taylor’s song.’ She said trying to get her mind off the thought. Damian chuckled and begins humming the melody of the song. His silvery voice made him sounded so angelic. Instantly, she fell into a deep feel of love from his voice.

‘Just close your eyes. The sun is going down. You’ll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I’ll be safe and sound.’ Damian sang and those words seem to really come out of his heart. He sang it like he really meant it. Then, he begins humming again. She could imagine him on a piano with his fingers dancing gracefully on the keys as he lets the melody escape from his touch.

Her eyelids begin to feel heavy and tiredness begin to take over her body. She involuntarily let the tiredness to take over her completely but her hand tightly clench on Damian’s palm not wanting him to leave. ‘Promise me you’ll be here when I wake up.’ She said just before she slips into the darkness. ‘I promise.’ Damian said and she couldn’t help but smile.