Chapter Seven: Truth

Damian wanted to protest, to argue, to curse out loud, and to make them tell him but both of them were talking as though he isn’t here. Vexingly, he leant against the big pine tree and crossed his arms as he glared straight at the both of them.

‘So? It doesn’t matter.’ Allure said it with an I-don’t-give-a-damn tone.

‘Ah! As stupid as always, Allure! If he has no memories of the past, how is he going to choose a side? And if he has no memories of the past, how in the world is he going to learn to control his power? Neither you nor I know about his kind. The only person in the world that does is father! And we both know very well that he wouldn’t help. All he wants his Damian to suffer!’ Dominic shouted at Allure with anger, like a brother showing how stupid his little sister was.

Damian felt utterly annoyed but when he realizes his father, the devil was the one that had made him suffer like this. He could feel another part of him burned. It was burning with anger in a very slow small flame deep inside his core waiting to explode like a sleeping volcano. But he was already trembling in anger, can he contain it?

‘He’ll learn to control it, brother. Why are you so damn worried for? You guys just met.’ Allure said.

‘Worried? Worried?’ He repeated with a tone filled with anger. ‘He is the only thing in this world that could help me break this curse, Allure! In fact, he was the very reason why I am in this damn situation anyway!’ Dominic cursed.

What? So he wasn’t trying to help me. All I am to both this freaks is just a tool to be used for their own benefits? I should have known better than to trust devils! Damian thought to himself with anger as his body continued to tremble with so much anger leaking out. He could feel his body overwhelming with power and his back burning to let his wings break free. Wait, wings? He thought to himself.

‘Oh! Please, she’s long dead, Dominic. Emily is dead, as dead as the bodies in the cemetery! Wake up, you dumb ass, you can’t revive her anymore!’ Allure spat.

‘What did you say?’ Dominic said with a dangerous tone filled with anger. Immediately, he plunges straight onto Allure, making a loud thud as she fell to the ground. Allure screamed and cursed, kicking and scratching with anger. And it happened again, both of them move around like they were teleporting. Allure’s body was like black smoke and Dominic’s fist couldn’t touch her.

Words from their argument kept repeating in Damian’s mind. All he was to them was just a tool to be used. Even his father, his one true father wants him to suffer in such pain. To have to die and be alive again, to go through all that cycle again and again, it pains him so much. He could remember Leana’s face when she saw him holding the sword, getting ready to die. Yet, he had no memories for why he must do it, all he knows was he had to, or she would die. Now, why would he want to protect the lives of such small creature, she was just a mere human, she was not a true family, neither were the King or the Queen. Did he really need to kill himself for them? He wondered how many of his lives had he thrown away for the sake of the humans? Knowing he was just out in the human world to suffer, why should he give a damn about them? He should have happily playing with their weak souls. Yet, he didn’t. Why?

The conflict within him made his heart aches. Knowing he wasn’t really needed nor wanted by own two real family members or his true father aches him even more. But sadness wasn’t the thing that was burning inside of him, rage and anger was. Frustration and the vexation of knowing he was just a cast out burns within his heart.

Slowly, Damian could feel the burning sensation in his core began to become bigger. Like a dying star, it exploded like a supernova. Immediately, both his wings spread open wide. Black feathers fell to the ground and his body burned with a vibrant gold aura. Both Dominic and Allure turn to Damian in shocked and they could do nothing but only stare at Damian’s grand golden aura. His golden aura somehow had brightened the dark forest, bringing light to the darkness.