Chapter Forty One: Sebastian's Change

All three of us ran out of my hotel room and went straight to the elevator. Without hesitation, I pressed on the highest floor. It took longer than expected and patient is just not in my side for now, I continued to press on the button like a mad man. Lucian shook his head and sighed at me but I really couldn’t help it. I would rather take the stairs if this is so slow!

Before I thought that anything else could annoy me more, the elevator stopped just a floor above my hotel room. I threw my head back with anger when the elevator opened and a couple snuggling got in. I couldn’t help myself but glared at them with anger. Lucian was actually whistling but Lian was busy frowning. The couples looked at me like I had gone crazy but actually all I feel like doing is to bite their head off for slowing us down.

Before I knew it, after a fucking ten levels up the elevator opened again. This time, two men came in. I growled at the sight of them and they flinched. I felt Lucian patting my shoulder to calm me down but who could calm me down now that my mate is in such a danger? The two men got into the elevator and quietly stood at the side of the elevator. I guess they dare not talk after what I had just done.

‘You know, if you were Sebastian, they would have been dead.’ Lucian joked as he whispered behind me so the humans couldn’t hear. It would have been funny if Shane isn’t kidnapped but now, I really don’t have the mood. ‘So, which floor are you guys going?’ Lucian asked both the couples and the two men. ‘To the ballroom.’ They replied in sync which made Lucian chuckled again. ‘Is there a wedding or something up there?’ Lucian asked still sounded enthusiastic. ‘Yeah, my sister’s wedding actually.’ The girl said. Lucian helped them to press the button because they didn’t dare to get any nearer to press the button where I stood at.

‘Sorry about my brother here, he is a little grumpy today.’ Lucian said and earned a glare from me again. ‘It’s okay.’ The girl replied. ‘So, why would your sister wants to get married in China?’ Lucian asked as he tried to make another annoying conversation. ‘She married a Chinese man.’ She replied happily. ‘Ooi! Lian, wish them something.’ Lucian said but Lian only shook his head. Anger had reached its boiling point, I could no longer hold back. I smack onto the wall next to me and made a huge dent on the wall. All the humans in the lift gasped. ‘Get out of the lift when it stops!’ I shouted as I pressed on the nearest number that we were going. When the lift stopped all of the humans scrammed out of the lift with fear. My body was still shaking and my wings were burning to spread.

‘Damn, Damian! Hold back your anger, will you? I did that so they wouldn’t fucking call the local authorities!’ Lucian said with anger. I turned to face him with a glare that I had used on those demons which tried to kill Shane but Lucian didn’t flinch. ‘Don’t you dare use the Angel’s Glare on me!’ Lucian shouted. Lian’s eyes widen in shock as he had just heard what Lucian said and turned to me. ‘I don’t give a damn about the local authorities! All I want now is Shane to be in my arms, safe and sound! If you want to have your little chat, you can do that later!’ I shouted back. Lucian glared back at me with anger. He dared to look straight at me with his eyes when I have used my Angel’s Glare at him. I could read that he had no fear for death. I turned away so that I wouldn’t do something that I may regret.

‘I’m sorry.’ I mumbled. ‘It’s just…...’ I said but I couldn’t continue when I got the thought that something might happen to her. Would she die? Please, no. ‘I understand how you feel, Damian but you have to learn to contain this anger of yours. You were the one that told me anger would lead you nowhere, remember?’ He said. I could only nod but my heart was still pumping like crazy. My mind is about to explode and he told me to contain my anger? Oh, like that would ever work. When the lift reaches the top floor, I burst out and ran towards the stairs to the roof. I could hear Lian and Lucian running with me but I didn’t bother to look back.