Chapter Thirteen (Part One)

Nick: *lighting himself a smoke, looking dejected* Well... At least it's not the, uh... The "love" scene.

John: Not yet. Kitty warned me of some "grossness." But this is Kitty we're talking about here. Her idea of gross, I mean...

Nick: Now that I think about it, what in heaven's name have I signed up for...

Kitty: *spawns in, licking grease off her fingers* Mmm. Donner juice...

John: Why d'you keep showing up late?

Kitty: I hear it's in fashion. Also, fuck dis book. And whilst we're at it, fuck Bravo.

John: I'd rather not.

Nick: I'm very grateful that I lack the equipment.

Kitty: You got a tongue, don't ya?

John: Cool it, Fuzzbucket.

Kitty: Hmmph. Viv is a lucky lady.

Nick: *smiles to himself* She handled that kidnapping pretty well. Is Albert still being uncooperative?

Kitty: He is being a stubborn lil dick-blister, yes. Now. Let us begin.

Christmas was closing in on us, so Abbi found herself often talking about her excitement for what gift she was going to get me.

Nick: Yay! Vague timeline update!

John: You're easily pleased, aren't ya?

Nick: It's the little details that paint the big picture.

Kitty: Note his lack of relevant details. For instance, I don't think we ever find out what Abbi's present for him was - I hope it isn't what I think it is cuz otherwise Kitty may go thermonuclear. Seeing as it's never confirmed or denied... *paws up in an exasperated gesture* I 'unno. Guess I'll be stuck in frustrated angry-horny limbo.

John: Why horny?

Kitty: *shrugs* Monthlies. Is a bitch.

John: Totally not Bravo getting under your skin is it?

Kitty: Like a tic, maybe.

I was just happy that I would be spending the holiday with her exclusively as my mom had already moved out and planned to spend the holidays with Rick up on the ski slopes.

John: Oh great. No parental cock-blocking to hinder him.

Kitty: *clings to her stool - eye twitches* Don't want. Oh, and although he doesn't show it we're told that it's been snowing at some point.

Nick: It's the last day of school before they break for the winter. Abbi and James are "freezing as [they] wait[ed] for the bus."

John: Y'know what that means?

Kitty: No.

John: Kitty's favorite!

He shouted, "If it isn't Mr. And Mrs. Santy Clause here to bring joy and love to everyone!"

Kitty: *ears flatten* Holiday cheer, my ass.

John: Good to see that he's back to being his loopy self.

We both smiled and I could see Abbi was quickly becoming just as enchanted by Davis as I was.

Nick: *quirks a brow*

John: Aha, the plot thickens.

Kitty: *scowls at him*

John: Sorta... C'mon, wouldn't it make so much sense if Abbi fell for Davey.