Today- Is The Day (Saito Shimaru)

(Y/N) walked into the Shinsengumi— Matsudaira had personally recruited her and after a while of his pestering, she finally agreed. Today— was the day, that she would start working at the Shinsengumi.

Hijikata had showed her around, formally introduced her to everyone— so now, she was just casually loitering around the place. Exploring it and familiarizing herself with it, she stopped at the garden and admired the little flowers blooming in the bushes.

Suddenly, she spots someone napping under the shade of the large tree, hiding under its shade. She drew closer and found— a handsome man.

He wore the black uniform of the Shinsengumi— though it seemed a bit modified. Luscious orange afro, and a beautiful face, his mask seemed to have tipped down while he felt into a deep slumber.

The petals and leaves falling from the trees were delicately framing his figure, making him look even more gorgeous. (Y/N)'s mouth unconsciously opened as the sight before her rendered her speechless.

"....He's handsome." (Y/N) gasped, crouching down right in front of Shimaru. "Oh! Orange afro, you must be Saito-san, the captain of the 3rd division!" She lowly mumbled, recognizing his distinct traits Hijikata warned her about.

"But...how can you look so beautiful like this?" She sighed dreamily, "I'll remember this day," She giggled lowly.

"Today— is the day that I met you. The love of my life!" She declares with a sneaky smile, "I've tied you down to me, so you can only love me. Hehehehe~"

When (Y/N) went away, Shimaru blushed a deep red. To be honest, he was completely awake when she came but lost the chance to open his eyes so he pretended he was asleep.

'.....She's....pretty cute....zzzzz'

-----

"

Oh, Shima-chan!!" (Y/N) calls out when she spotted Shimaru returning along with the others from a mission. "(Y/N)-chan, is there anything you need help with?" Kondo asked, stopping right in front of (Y/N).

"Not particularly~" She beams, happily— her gaze was locked on Shimaru but Shimaru was just avoiding her gaze quite obviously.

"Didn't you need to get some paperworks to Pops by the afternoon?" Hijikata asked, now popping up beside her looking over at her smaller figure with a questioning gaze. (Y/N) was the stay-in Shinsengumi doctor personally hired by Matsudaira, so she had been with them for quite a while now.

"I do— I wanted to ask Shima-chan to accompany me!~" she giggled and turned to Shimaru hopefully. "Would you accompany me—"

When she turned to Shimaru, he ran away in a blink of an eye.

"....That's a no...I guess? Hahahaaa..." (Y/N) laughed but then she sighed. Hijikata and Kondo immediately noticed the drop in her mood and decided to speak up.

"It's not like Shimaru really hates you, you know." Hijikata sighs placing a hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder. "He's just shy— even I have never heard him speak before!"

"Toshi's right. Shimaru's just shy, you shouldn't take it to heart (Y/N)-chan." Kondo assured her with a grin, "If you want, I'll accompany you to Pops instead!" He proudly jabbed his thumb to his puffed-out chest.

"Ahhh!! But I have to stalk Otae-san today!! Toshi, you'll accompany (Y/N)-chan in my stead!!"

"What–?! No way—"