Ours (Sakata Gintoki)

Elevator buttons and morning air
Strangers' silence makes me wanna take the stairs
If you were here we'd laugh about their vacant stares
But right now my time is theirs

(Y/N) sighs deeply as she hugs the papers to her chest. As the Shinsengumi's secretary, she had a job to deliver reports to Matsudaira's office every single week.

Now, there would be no problem with that but— the people who worked there have always been eyeing her like she had done something to them.

(Y/N) presses the elevator buttons with a scowl on her lips. She tapped her foot impatiently against the marble floor when the elevator finally opened her face contorts into disgust.

It was full of those nosy little office workers who did nothing but gossip around instead of doing their job like they should be.

'Why did Matsudaira-san's office have to be on the top floor?!' She grumbles in her mind as she walks in and presses the top floor button.

Gintoki usually came to accompany her to these kind of things— he always kept her company. But now, without him she felt lonely.

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you

"Finally...." (Y/N) groans, walking out from the meeting room after she had a small meeting with Matsudaira. Just as she passes by the small office area whispers emerge from the people which irritated her even more.

Not like she didn't know that she had already been the center of gossip ever since they found out she'd been dating Gintoki.

'No, no. You can't commit murder—' (Y/N) tried to calm herself.

"Is she the one dating the Yorozuya guy?"

She hears a low whisper and she bit her lip. 'Maybe I can? They'll never know who murdered them and since I work in the Shinsemgumi they won't suspect me? I can also hide the evidence...the body...Sougo knows how to hide a body........'

"Excuse me, are you (Y/N)-san from the Shinsengumi?" A man comes up to her, he seemed pretty plain and new. 'Probably a new recruit.' (Y/N) huffed in her mind as she stared at him before nodding slightly.

"I see...." The guy nods and places a hand on his chin as if in deep thought. "I don't get it then,"

"Get what?" (Y/N) didn't even bother masking the irritation in her voice as she furrowed her eyebrows in an angry manner.

"Why would you date a jobless man?"

(Y/N)'s jaw dropped at his question— did he seriously just mock her beloved silver haired boyfriend?

"You know....sins are a part of human nature. So....murdering someone isn't a big deal right?" Her eyes widened in rage as she rsised her hand at him.

'No, no. Think what Gin would say when he finds out I murdered someone. Get a hold of yourself, (Y/N)!!'

"P-Pardon?" (Y/N) smiled and clenched her fist, barely hiding her irritation and bloodlust.

"I mean," The man tried to reason out. "I heard you were dating the boss from Yorozuya. The one who always causes trouble. So, if—"

"Hey! What are you doing?!" This time, another guy comes over and smacks the younger guy in the head. "S-Sorry, (Y/N)-san! He's a new recruit and all!!" He forced the guy to bow to her.