A Family (Joui 4)

*1 year after the final arc— might contain spoilers????

"Gin-san, there's a letter for you!!"

Gintoki scratched his hair as soon as he hears Shinpachi's words, moments later the glasses came and dropped a letter on his table.

Gintoki stared at it for a while before he opened it— although, when he did something unexpected surprised him.

A low smirk appears on Gintoki's lips as if he was remembering a bitter memory before he stood up, dropping the letter on the table he faced the window and crossed his arms.

"Dead men don't write letters," He merely scoffed.

Shinpachi curiously peeked at the sender of the letter and he tilted his head to the side.

"It's from............Takasugi-san?!"

"....Ignore it." Gintoki waved his hand at Shinpachi, "It's been a year after all that." Gintoki closed his eyes and sighed.

It still haunted him.

Every time he closed his eyes— Takasugi's dying face appeared.

Now he knew what Takasugi meant when he said that Gintoki's face was the last thing he saw with that left eye of his.

"She....wouldn't have liked it either, it's not a fun joke." Gintoki looked down, clenching his fist unconsciously.

Exactly a year after all that had went down.

Takasugi, Utsuro— no, Shoyo and (Y/N).

Three of the most important people in his life disappeared all at once exactly one year ago.

How would he live without the people who gave his life meaning?

Gintoki didn't know either.

He figured he could live if he still had her— but, she disappeared too.

"You're here too!?" Katsura gaped when he finds Gintoki inside the small room reserved for them.

Gintoki huffs and crossed his arms, "I just wanted to find out who was playing this dumb joke. Of course it was you, Zura."

"What? No. It wasn't me, I received a letter." Katsura held up the letter, "Sadly, Elizabeth didn't get one so I couldn't bring Elizabeth here..."

"What?" Gintoki's eyes widened, "Then, who—"

The door suddenly opened and the two gasped, looking to the door hoping to finally learn the identity of the person who—

"Ahahahahah! Hahahahah!"

Gintoki and Katsura quickly pushed him out and shut the door close.

"HEY! THIS IS SO RUDE! DON'T YOU GUYS MISS ME AT ALL?!" Sakamoto banged on the other side of the door.

"Get lost, we don't need a loudmouth. This is a serious chapter, we don't need you here!" Gintoki yells.

"Also— please tell the waiter to start serving the food on your way out, I'm hungry!!" Katsura cuts in.

"Let me in!! Let me in!! Unlike you guys I don't have a lot of requests so I barely make any appearance in this book! HAVE MERCY ON THE UNPOPULAR CHARACTERS YOU STINGY POPULAR BASTARDS!!"

"Didn't you get an appearance before? You even got to play a 2nd Male Lead in that "To You" chapter! Then after that you got a fic! Be satisfied with that!!" Katsura yells.