Be Prepared (Sakata Gintoki)

"Yes, yes. Thank you!!" (Y/N) bows happily to the client as she escorted them out the door after they paid her for the job. "This was quite an easy task," (Y/N) hums as she placed the two cupcakes at the low table.

A customer had come in the early morning— Gintoki was still fast asleep, Shinpachi had yet to come and Kagura was still having her beauty sleep so evidently only (Y/N) was left to deal with the client.

But, surprisingly the client only wanted her to throw out a few cupcakes they had mistakenly made. Well, it seemed easy enough so (Y/N) accepted and the client paid almost immediately before leaving.

"Oh, right!! I have to take out the trash—" (Y/N) says as she went to get the trash to throw it out. (Y/N) paused and looked back at the cupcake,

"Ah, the client said to throw it some place people can't get their hands on it. Must be something shady," She shook it off and walked away. "I'll make Tama burn it later."

"Ahh!! Wait!! Wait for me!!!!" (Y/N) ran after the garbage truck that started to leave.

"Huh? (Y/N)-nee—??" Shinpachi passed by her on his way inside the Yorozuya. However, the woman didn't seem to hear him so he trudged on ahead and woke up Kagura.

"Kagura-chan...what are these cupcakes for?" Shinpachi asked while Kagura rubbed her eyes sleepily and then, her blue eyes twinkled at the sight of cupcakes.

"A gift!? Let's eat it before Gin-chan does!!" She immediately grabbed one of the cupcakes and downed it.

"Ahh!! Wait, what if it was for someone??"

"If you're not having it, I'll eat it—"

"No, I'll take it!!" Shinpachi changed his mind when Kagura reached out for the cupcake so he grabbed it and ate it without hesitation.

"Woah, it's really delicious—"

"Hey, you brats. Don't you know what time it is?! It's still 8 am damn it, Gin-san is still sleeping!" Gintoki grumbled as he walked out from the room with a grumpy look on his face.

"Oi, I smell sugar— where is it?...." Gintoki trailed off when he saw Kagura and Shinpachi with their cheeks stuffed with something.

"I-I don't know. Is there? Shinpachi! Did you see anything?"

"N-Not really."

"You liars!!" Gintoki narrowed his eyes, "You clearly have something in your mouths!! What is it?!"

"A-Ahh! Gin-chan, look! (Y/N)-nee—!!" Kagura pointed to behind Gintoki, and of course Gintoki bought the bait because he heard (Y/N)'s name.

"Wha—? Liars!!" However, when Gintoki turned back to punish the two kids again they disappeared.

Well, they didn't really disappear— they just got smaller. "O-Oi, Shinpachi, Kagura?...W-Where did you two go??" Gintoki started to sweat nervously.

If anything ever happened to the kids, (Y/N) would have his head rolling on the ground. All of a sudden, he feels something tug on his clothes and looking down— Gintoki saw...

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

"WHAT HAPPENED?! A BURGLAR!?" (Y/N) ran back into the house when she hears Gintoki's high-pitched scream. She held a baseball bat in her hands ready to swing at the intruder.

"DON'T KILL ME, (Y/N)! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" Gintoki immediately went down on his knees and bowed to her, but (Y/N) was puzzled. "What's going on? Did you....do something while I was out?"