Not A Stranger 2 (Hattori Zenzou)

*Please read Part 1!!!—....if you want

".....(Y/N)?!"

Hattori's jaw dropped, his heart beating anxiously. What did this mean? The possibility of her being his enemy was something that never even crossed his mind.

Yet, here she was. Standing before him with a look he had never seen in her eyes, clothes that obviously suited her but were intended for something else and a sword in her hands.

She didn't say anything— but that look on her face was enough to tell him everything.

"....I see." He sighs, looking down as he scratches his unruly hair. "I really....didn't expect this." He laughed ironically and looked at her.

The fierce look in her eyes, her unwavering focus and determined gaze. She wasn't backing down— and he wasn't planning to either.

"So....you weren't a feeble flower in the end up? I might just be the fool who ran into a stupid trap..." Hattori sighs, he felt stupid. Going on a mission, worrying about how she didn't show up to their meeting and coincidentally running into her as the enemy.

How ironic was that?

Hattori titled his head to the side, raising a kunai to her, "What kind of messed up romeo and juliet is this.........huh, juliet?" He smirked at her lowly.

But, Hattori knew more than to let private affairs affect his work. He was the best at separating personal affairs from his work affairs.

"Cut the small talk, I'm not here for small chatter and so are you." She growled lowly, lifting her sword once more getting into a stance. She prepared for his attack while Hattori gulped.

"Yeah...." He nodded, "We're both just doing our jobs after all....—and we're not strangers."

His words seemed to trigger (Y/N), after he said so she grit her teeth and rushed forward— her sword clashing with his kunai. Both of them had the fiercest face they could put on, but they both knew they were both holding back.

"I didn't see you as the type of woman to stab others in the back like this.....But, maybe I just didn't know your true self." Hattori stated, he was still feeling betrayed about this whole thing.

"I'm not....."

"Then why?" Hattoei furrowd his eyebrows at her remark. She was standing in front of him as his enemy, but denied it?

(Y/N) only looked down and bit her lip, as if she couldn't say anything to him. But in a split second that hesitation disappeared and was quickly replaced by fiery determination.

(Y/N) relentlessly hit him with her attacks, but she continued to waver. Her eyes have always been focused on him— but not in this way. She...loved him, whether or not she would deny it— her heart knew it. But what could she do if their jobs pit them against each other.

Being caught in her thoughts, she forgot to hold back and sent Hattori flying. "No.....!!" (Y/N) gasped as she watched Hattori weakly stand up.

"Jeez...you pack a hard punch, woman. I definitely didn't see that coming." Hattori smirked, as he wiped the blood from his mouth. "You're really good at acting, so everything we went through was an act as well, huh?" His voice got lower, sullen as he clenched the kunai in his hand.

"No....It was all—" Before (Y/N) could even finish, Hattori had thrown his kunais at her, making her fall back.

"You could be an actress you know?" Hattori looked down at her, as she kneeled on the floor. Her sword laying by her side, as if she was...admitting defeat. "....Why waste such talent?" He mocked.