chapter | 47

-edited-

April 14, 2015, 12:14 pm

•Bailee's POV•

My mom and dad just unpacked their stuff at my house. They're staying over for as long as I need them to be.

Pregnancy the first couple months are uncomfortable but I've kind of gotten used to it especially because I've already been through it.

It's already been 2 and half months and I have an appointment today to find out the sex of the baby.

My dad was watching his poker channel and my mom and Jade were out in the back gardening tulips.

I walked to the full length mirror and saw the slight baby bump. I ran my hand down my stomach and then my phone buzzed.

Incoming call from:
Hubby❤️

"Hey baby! How's the shooting going?" I said.

"Hey baby girl. It's great. I'm getting ready to shoot today. It's 6:14 am and I'm already beat. I miss you." He said.

"I miss you too. Can't wait until I see you again." I smiled.

"I know baby girl. How's the baby? How's Jade? You doing okay?" He said.

"The baby is doing great. Jade is herself as always, our happy little girl and I am doing just fine. I have an appointment later on today so I'll FaceTime during the appointment. If you're not busy." I said.

"Of course I'll make time for you. What time is your appointment?" He asked.

"At 3 so it'll be about 9 for you think that'll be okay?" I questioned.

"Of course we stop at 9 for a break anyway so it'll work out. I have to go baby I'll talk to you soon. I may call a little earlier to talk to Jade but we're starting now so goodbye. I love you." He said.

"I love you." I said and hung up. I put my phone down and changed into some yoga pants with a sports bra and a white v-neck and a light pink knitted sweater.

I walked downstairs and went to the fridge. I got the watermelon out and cut it up in pieces. I placed them neatly on a tray and poured water into a pitcher bring out three glasses.

"Here dad I cut up some watermelon." I offered.

"Thanks sweetie. How you doing? You good?" He asked.

"Doing just fine dad." I said kissing his cheek and walking outside.

"Who wants watermelon?" I asked going to the deck and placing the tray on the table.

"I do! I do!" Jade said getting up and running towards the watermelon with her dirty hands.

"Ah, ah, ah. Go wash your hands please." I said. She pouted and walked back inside. My mom laughed and followed her. I set up the table and poured myself a glass of water and sipped it.

"Okay I'm all clean. Where's the watermelon?" Jade said plopping on my lap. I grabbed a paper plate and handed Jade a plate with two pieces on it.

"Yum. Thank you mommy." She said. I nodded and kissed her forehead.

"Jade, you want a baby sister or a baby brother?" I asked.

"I want a baby sister so she can play barbies with me." She responded surely.

"You don't like when I play with you?" I asked fake hurt.

"I do, but you always clean instead of play." She said.

"Well do you want to clean instead?" I raised my eyebrows.

"No thank you." Her eyes wide and her mouth full of watermelon.

"Daddy wants to call you later on." I said running my hand through her thin brown hair.

"Yay!" She giggled. I laughed and my phone rang in my cardigan pocket.

"I think that's him." I smiled at her. She ran inside and came back out.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I washed my hands. They were sticky." She said. I nodded and answered.

Incoming call from:
Hubby❤️

"Hey Bails." He said.

"Hey! Jade is right here hold on." I said.

"Hi daddy!" She squealed.

"Hey princess, how are you?" I heard him faintly say.

They continued to talk and I ate watermelon. Jade ended up walking a round the backyard and came back to me about 30 minutes later.

"Bye daddy. I love you!" She smiled.

"I love you princess. See you soon." He said.

"Here." She said.

"Hey Cam." I said.

"Hey baby, I got to get back but FaceTime me as soon as the sonogram starts." He said.

"I will. See you soon, I love you." I said.

"I love you bye." He said. I hung up and put my phone down.

"Bailee, Jade, our late lunch is ready." My dad said by the French doors. We got up and he grabbed the tray of watermelon and water.

"What's for lunch?" Jade asked licking her lips.

"We made some chicken salad and for you, Jade, dinosaur nuggets!" My dad cheered. She cheered and jumped up and down walking to the table in the dining room.

"So after this we'll get ready and head to the hospital." My mom said and we ate our lunch.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hope you enjoyed! Vote & comment!