Chapter Twenty - Nine*

⚠️ Mention of abuse, depression, suicide suggested

The conversations seemed to die down as Hunter pulls into the driveway of a huge house.

"Damn."

"Wow."

"I'm in love."

Hunter and Faith chuckle at their reactions to his house. He pulls up behind a really nice black pick-up truck that's next to an old, red Chevrolet pick-up.

Faith's eyes widen, "Hunter... why do you have a 1956 Chevy truck in your driveway?" She asked him.

Her friends looked at her in surprise. Hunter just rolls his eyes. "I bought it at an auction and I haven't had a chance to put it in the garage." She rolled her eyes at his answer and mumbles something about how his garage is almost full.

Everyone climbed out of the car and grabbed their bags and suitcases. Hunter motions the teenagers to follow him and leads them through the front doors of his mansion — the inside looking more modern than the outside.

The group sets their things down on the floor. "So, this my house. It's just me living here, so if any of y'all want a vacation, just let me know." Hunter offered.

"Wow... thank you, Hunter." Nessa responded. He only shrugs it off like it's totally normal.

Faith walks over to Hunter and stands next to him, "So, there are enough bedrooms for everyone, so y'all can make your own sleeping arrangements." Faith picks up her things and walks over to the staircase. "So, I can take y'all to your rooms, then I can give you a tour." She adds.

Her friends grab their things and follow her up the stairs, eagerly, in hopes of finding a good room. Faith led them through a hallway that was on the left side of the staircase and looked out onto the foyer below. It was lined with wooden doors. "All of the rooms are identical and have an en-suite bathroom. Y'all can go ahead and pick one, except the room at the end of the hall, that one is mine." She explained.

Noah and Dixie take the first room, Bryce and Addison take the second, Josh and Nessa — they decided to share a room —take the third, Chase takes the fourth, and Jaden takes the fifth room thats next to Faith's bedroom. Everyone placed their bags inside their rooms, then met Faith in the hallway.

Chase and Jaden arrived in the hallway first. "So, what does the Faith Carlton's bedroom look like?" Chase asked her.

"You wanna see it?" She asked them.

Chase and Jaden nod, so she brings them over to her bedroom door. She opens the door and it's a lot darker than the
She opens the door and I'm shocked at the design. I mean it makes sense with her apartment bedroom, but it's a lot more dark. Faith walks over and sits on her bed. Chase and I follow her inside and look around the room.

"This is much nicer than my room, Faithy...". Chase says sarcastically

Faith laughs, "Hunter wanted my room to have everything my other room didn't, so we went overboard with the decor."

Jaden tilts his head at the mention of her old home.  It was then that he realized that he didn't know how Faith met Hunter.  But, he decided to save that question for another time.  Jaden goes to say something, but it cut off my a voice behind him.