Chapter 12

// Jaden's POV //

I'm so proud of Faith right now.  She wrote and sang a song in front of like 20 plus people she just met.  It's fantastic. Also, her voice is live is fucking amazing. It was so soothing and perfect. Her accent was coming through too.

She went to the kitchen a few minutes ago.  Even when she's gone, I can't stop smiling.  She even seemed to loosen up and become more comfortable.  She was really happy after talking to Madison.  I think she'll like it here. 

"Where's Faith?"  I hear someone ask.

I look up. "She went into the kitchen to get water a few minutes ago." 

I hear Taylor scoff, "of course you'd know."  He mumbles.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Taylor, what?" 

He glares at me, "you know exactly what I mean. Jaden." 

Umm okay.  He's being weird.  I just decide to ignore him.  I start talking to Anthony and Quinton. 

Soon, Bryce and Addison come back from whatever they were doing.  They start joining in on conversations.  I notice that Faith has been gone for awhile. 

"Umm I'm gonna go check on Fay, she's been gone awhile.  She could be lost."  I say to no one in particular.

Bryce laughs, "so you have nicknames now.  That's cute." 

I roll my eyes, "okay Bryce.  Go talk to your girlfriend. Oh wait you can't. You're just friends. You see what I did there?" 

I huffs and mumbles, "that was harsh".

I chuckle a little and walk towards the kitchen.     As I get closer to the doorway, I hear quiet sobs and heavy breathing. 

"Fay? You okay?"  I ask while looking for her.  I spot her sitting in the corner of the room, shaking.  I race over to her and bend down so we're at eye level.  "Faith.  It's going to be fine.  You need to slow your breathing." 

She doesn't even move.  I don't think she can here me.  My eyes search her face and body.  I notice she's clutching her arm like earlier.  I spot something red seeping through her fingers.  Oh my god.

"GRIFFIN I NEED YOU!" I yell.  I hear footsteps rushing in and stopping behind me. They're more people in the kitchen but I don't care at this moment.  

"Jaden? What's going on?" I hear Griffin.

"She's having an anxiety attack and her arm is bleeding.  She's digging her nails into arm.  I don't think she can hear us"  I explain really quickly.

"Okay okay.  We need to get her hand away from her arm."  He tells me.

I reach over and grab her hand.  She flinches and pushes herself further into the walls around her.  I take her hand again and move it away from her arm.  She got nail marks on her bicep.  Some are scars and the newest ones are bleeding. 

Griffin bends down and examines her arm.  I look into Faith's eyes that are full of fear.  "Faith.  Sweetheart.  I need you to calm down.  Everything is fine."