Chapter 22

For this chapter, listen to:
The Other Girl by Kelsea Ballerini and Halsey

The lyrics will be written during the scene, but I think y'all would appreciate and understand it more if you actually hear the song.
***********************************************************
** Time skip to Friday**

// Faith's POV //

Madison and I are recording our song today and I'm a little nervous.  I've never really recorded a song before, but Madison says I'm a natural in the studio. 

After taking a shower, I change into this, with my hair down and slightly wavy:

Once I'm dressed, I head into my living room to wait for Madison. 

"Hey girlie!"  I hear someone say as I enter the room.  I look around and see Madison already sitting on the couch. 

"Ah!  Sweet cheese on a biscuit, don't scare me like that!  I forgot I gave you a key."  I say while clutching my chest to slow my breathing and walking over to the couch. 

She laughs, "Sorry Faith.  You were in your room listening to music, so you didn't hear me." 

"It's okay.  I figured it was you, but the sudden noise caught me off guard."  I say and we both chuckle. 

"So, you ready to record this song?" She asks

"Most definitely."  I smile at her and we both head to the door. 

I get into the passenger seat of her Tesla and plug my phone into the aux.  Jaden's song 'Pray' starts to play.  I smile at the familiar voice, which Madison seems to notice.

"You know, speaking of Jaden.  Nick mentioned that you guys went on a little date last night.  What's going on there?"  She asks glancing at me for a few seconds.

"It uh wasn't a date.  He was just showing me around LA and took me to the famous Saddle Ranch. We ran into Nick, Taylor, and Ryland and they made some jokes." I explain

"Okay... but what happened inside the restaurant?"

"We just got to know each other with basic things. We know some... deep things about each other, so we asked the normal questions. Like favorite color and he told me about his family." I smile at the memory of how his eyes light up when he spoke about his family.

"Well that's good. So after learning some things about him, what do you think of Jaden?" She asks as we pull into the parking lot.