Chapter Two

.

.

Y/n woke up to the doctor taking her off the monitors. "Hey there! I'm glad to say you've fully recovered. All you need to do is keep eating and drinking fluids. You are going to be discharged today. Do you have someone you want us to call to bring some clothes?" He asked her. She shook my head. "I don't have anyone. I haven't heard back on if my mother was able to be contacted." The doctor nodded and handed her some plain gray sweatpants and a sweatshirt. 

"Thank you." He nodded "Do you want me to call Fatgum or Hawks?" he asked. She nodded and got up. "Yeah. They're the only people I know of to call right now." she answered, he nodded and left her to change. Y/n walked to the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked like shit. It's been so long since she saw herself in the mirror. Her (h/c) hair was all knotted up and nasty looking. Her once (e/c) eyes were now darkened. And her face was bruised and scratched. She looked at her body in the mirror and traced all of the scars. She flinched hearing a knock on the door and quickly put her clothes on. She opened it to see Fatgum and Hawks. 

"Hey, I'm sorry to bother you guys. You're the only ones I know of to call." "No, it's fine! We prepared a place for you in case you needed one anyway!" Fatgum reassured her. She sighed in relief and sat back down on the bed. "So now we just wait till we get your discharge papers." Hawks huffed. "Do you want any snacks?" Fatgum asked her, She shook my head, and walked over to the window. "Here are those discharge papers! Just make sure to keep yourself hydrated and well-fed!" The doctor happily crowed. "That shouldn't be a problem!" Fatgum laughed. Y/n half smiled and followed the two heroes out of the hospital.

.

It was fairly warm now, she concluded it must be spring. She wasn't too sure. "What is the date?" She asked. "It's April 20th." Both men answered. She nodded my head. "So where are we going?" She asked, Her eyes trailed over all the blooming flowers. "Well, for the time being, you'll be staying at my agency. There are enough heroes to protect you in case the LOV comes back for you." Fatgum answered, Hawks chuckled at him. "Well, if you want to have any fun call me! I've gotta head out!" He flirted, then he soared up into the sky, dropping a few feathers down on us.

"He's just a show-off, why don't we go get some food!" Fatgum offered, she shrugged and followed him. He led her into a small noodle shop and she awkwardly looked over the menu. "Here, I'll order for you. Two bowls of Teriyaki beef noodles please!" He told the waitress. She smiled and nodded, then turned to give their order. He smiled at her and passed her a glass of water. "Here's your food!" The waitress passed them their bowls. Y/n smelled the noodles and smiled slightly. "Thank you!" Fatgum said and handed her cash. They sat and silently ate their food. Y/n ate a few bites before her stomach churned. Then she just started picking at it. Fatgum noticed but didn't say anything. When the waitress came back he asked for a to-go bowl for her food.

.

"I noticed that you barely ate. Are you okay?" He asked, Y/n stopped to stare at the cherry blossoms. The pink petals were covering most of the street. "They starved me. I ate once a week. I was basically on a water diet. I had only water for days before they'd remember to give me food. I do remember Shigaraki would make me play video games with him, but I think that was because his quirk wouldn't harm me if he raged." She answered in a flat tone. Her arms unconsciously wrapped around her torso. She shivered as she recalled the memories, but suddenly her body was wrapped up in soft squishiness. 

"I'm sorry I asked, I didn't mean to bring up bad memories." Fatgum apologized. She nodded and hugged him back. It felt weird. The first hug since before everything. Her feet lost contact with the ground and she panicked. "I'll carry you the rest of the way. It's okay!" Fatgum cheered. She curled into his arms, mentally uncomfortable with being held, but warm and physically comfortable. Her eyes grew heavy as they moved through the crowd. 

.

"Y/n, its time to wake up!" Fatgum cooed. Her eyes shot open to see the building's lobby. The lady at the desk smiled sweetly. "Heya Fatgum! What can I do for you today?" She asked happily. "Nothing today! This is Y/n She will be staying here from now on!" He replied, the receptionist nodded and went back to her paperwork. Y/n followed Fatgum to the elevators and rode up to the fifth floor. "This is the dorm area. You will be sharing this floor with Kirishima and Tamaki. They'll have separate rooms from you of course! There's a kitchen area, a dining area, and a living room up here." Fatgum explained as he showed her to her room.

"This here is your room! All to yourself! Sometime tomorrow we can go shopping to get you some clothes and necessities. I left some gym shorts and a t-shirt for you to sleep in. I'm sorry it's not much, but I promise we will get you some proper clothes tomorrow!" He added with a bright smile. She nodded and walked around her room. She sat down on her bed and sprawled out. After he left she rolled around on the bed. A soft knock came from the door and she opened it cautiously. A red-haired guy and an indigo-haired guy stood at my door. 

"Heya! I'm Kirishima! This is Tamaki. Fatgum told us we'd have a new roomie!" He slightly yelled. She cringed at the sound and saw that the guy Tamaki cringed too. "I-I'm Y/n." she replied, keeping her arms wrapped around her torso. "Kirishima, you're making her uncomfortable," Tamaki whispered, Kirishima looked panicked and bowed down. "I'm so sorry! That was very unmanly of me to scare you!" he apologized. Y/n shook her head and patted him on the shoulder. 

"N-no! Its okay, I'm just trying to get used to everyone. Loud sounds tend to startle me sometimes!" She reassured, Kirishima stood back up and smiled. "Oh, okay. I'll try to be a little quieter then. I'm just excited to see a new face here." He said, his tone a lot calmer. She sighed and sat down on her bed, and invited them in. "I'm not used to people, too many people overwhelm me," she stated. Tamaki perked up a little at that. "That's how Tamaki is. He isn't keen on loud noises or lots of people." Kirishima added. "Y-yeah, I prefer the quiet and calm." He put in. 

"So where are you from?" Kirishima asked, her smile dropped off her face. Both boys noticed the change in my demeanor. "I-I prefer not to talk about that," she replied, my eyes not meeting theirs anymore. "It's okay! We can talk about other things then! Like... What's your favorite food?" Kirishima panicked. She looked back up at them. "I don't know. I don't really eat." Her answer stunned both of them. "T-Then how are you alive?" Tamaki asked, concern and fear lacing his voice. "Water, I'm trying to go back to eating more often. But I might need help." She answered. Tamaki visibly looked relieved. 

"Okay. What's your favorite color?" Kirishima asked. She shrugged, and both of them looked puzzled. "Were you sheltered or something?" He joked, "Something like that..."  Both boys looked to each other and back at her. "Do you have any hobbies?" he asked again. She shook my head. Takami sighed and sat down beside her. "Would you like to do a puzzle or play a card game?" He asked, Y/n nodded and got up. "sure!" Both boys sighed in relief and to the living room. 

Edited: 1/18/2023 Word Count: 1,371