Chapter Twenty-Three

.

Several months had passed now, and there had been no trace of Y/n or the League of Villains. It was like after they recaptured her, they fled into hiding. Taishiro couldn't bring himself to think of any of the possibilities of what could be happening to her. His mother found out what had happened and completely blamed herself because he had tried to refuse to go on a date because of something like this happening. He hadn't been able to get her to hold a conversation with him since. His father let him know how she was holding up, but he told him she was constantly praying that Y/n would return to him safely. 

Most of the search team had given up and left it at that. Aizawa, Hawks, Midnight, All Might, and Endeavor were the only ones who were still working on trying to find her. They forced the 1A kids to stay out of it. Midoriya, Bakugou, Kirishima, and Mina had been pestering them since day one of her disappearance to let them help. Tamaki was also helping from the sidelines. He didn't want to be on the front line if it came down to a fight. And he didn't want his name to be anywhere near the press if possible. Ever since she disappeared Taishiro hasn't worked but maybe three days a week, and going on patrols throughout the city every night. Y/n would be scolding him for worrying like this, even if it were about her. He thought it was almost funny how close he was to having someone so precious so close to him, just for it to be ripped away. 

"Fatgum, I have Erasurehead on line 4, he says it's very urgent that he speaks to you." Nat tried to give him a reassuring smile before bowing and leaving his office. He picked up the phone and clicked over to line 4. "Fatgum, we have another possible lead. A few cities over, a singular and unnaturally short earthquake was reported. Half of the city got destroyed, but the source is completely unknown. We are trying to see if it might have something to do with the LOV. But unfortunately, this happened almost over a month ago." Taishiro had another sliver of hope. He got up immediately. "I will be over there as soon as possible." He hung up the phone and got ready to leave. 

.

Y/n clutched her head as the head-splitting headache made her drop to the floor. Shigaraki was forcing her to train her newfound quirk day in and day out. He said if she didn't train it that it would go to waste. And if it went to waste, he said he would give her something worse than death. His threats were not to be ignored. Slowly but surely, the headache relieved itself and she was able to use her senses again. With her newfound quirk came extreme side effects. Headaches and migraines were the lighter sides of side effects. The worst side effects were the ones that caused blackouts in the city and physical wounds to rip across her skin. Even if she hadn't been physically injured during training if she overused her quirk she'd end up with gashes across her appendages. 

.

AFO held her hand and punctured her wrist with another syringe. "This is for your own good Y/n. You are the next biggest everything. Just your very existence will make the world rock with the next revolutionary war. We will show the world that the Heroes they so very much adore, are just doing it all for fame and money! We will show them what really makes people become what they call villains." Y/n cringed as the thick fluid made her body feel cold. AFO did many more tests on her before releasing her to go home, or at least where Shigaraki calls home. 

"We are changing bases." Her ears perked up at the news. "What? Why?" she was being dragged by the arm to an undisclosed location. "Because. The heroes busted what was our current base. Kurogiri has already got us covered. He and Dabi found another place to set up base." Shigaraki dropped her arm long enough to send out coordinates to Kurogiri. It wasn't long before they were dropped through a portal and into what looked like a warehouse. 

Once she got a grasp of her surroundings, she realized where the base was. They were now using the nomu factory as a base. She held her nose as a horrid stench filled her senses. Once again Shigaraki grabbed her by her arm and snatched her around like a rag doll. "Can't you be a bit more gentle? I'm not going to run away now. Not like I could anyway." she mumbled. His foot connected with her back and she ate dirt on the concrete floor. "I don't give a shit, I will do however I damn well please." His voice was worse than nails on a chalkboard now. 

His voice ranged in different ways from scratchy to downright horrible. Y/n spat out blood as his foot connected with her head several times, making the particles on the floor get embedded into her face. So far no one had a clue as to what her quirk was exactly. All they know is that it was somehow connected to AFO's quirk. After Shigaraki removed his foot from her head she got up and found a wooden crate to sit on. No one else had arrived at the new base. So there was only Kurogiri, Shigaraki, and herself. Neither one seemed to want to speak to the other. Y/n flipped the crate over and found that the bottom of it had been hollowed out. She crawled inside and made herself comfortable. 

.

Y/n's stomach had been gurgling for the last hour, nonstop. There was no food, no water, and barely enough room to fit everyone who needed somewhere to stay. Mr. Compress was one of the very few who cared to pay any attention to her and try to help her. He was also one of the very few League members who had money and could blend into society. He had left to get some food, secretly, since Shigaraki was refusing to feed her even if there was any food. Y/n felt a soft tug on her t-shirt and turned to the cause. Mr. compress gave her one of his marbles and held a finger to his lips. "Hide inside of the crate to eat it. The marble will decompress in two minutes." she nodded and turned the crate over and put it over herself. It was dark but she was able to see what she was doing. She quickly scarfed down the sandwich and left almost no trace of it before crawling out of the crate. Now the most recognizable members of the League were gathered here. She sat on top of the crate and waited. She couldn't do anything till she was able to break free of the chip they implanted into her. Shigaraki came back around the corner and started to discuss what the League's next action was going to be. Y/n kept a dark blue-hued glare on him as he announced their next plan of action. 

Edited: 1/19/2023  Word Count: 1,222