Chapter Sixteen

.

.

.

Y/n waited in the front lobby for Nemuri, she was taking her sweet time to get there it seemed. Taishiro gave her a credit card to pay for a dress and shoes with. She didn't want a dress, but he told her that she might not get a choice in the matter since Nemuri is taking her shopping. Y/n could see the familiar dark purple-haired woman walk in and address the receptionist. She stood up and made my way to her. "Are you Miss Nemuri?" She asked the woman smiled and nodded. "I'm (Y/n) Fa- Taishiro asked you to take me shopping for the party tonight." She nodded excitedly and grabbed her arm. "Omg you are just too cute! Are you and Taishiro dating?! You two would be perfect together! Now I know why he called me!" She grinned widely as she started speaking too fast for Y/n to even register what she was saying. Suddenly she stopped and looked her up and down. 

"Wow. I might just have to buy you a new wardrobe if that looks about the same as everything else you own. Let's get going! I know just the mall to look around!" she happily laughed. She and Y/n got into a small black coupe that looked like it belonged in a spy movie. "So where are we gonna go?" Y/n asked as she turned the car on. The car was almost silent as she drove. "We are going to the pro hero mall. A, because we won't be bothered by the press or fans. B, because it has a better selection of everything." she giggled like a schoolgirl. It mildly frightened her but she tried to relax. 

.

They had been walking for what felt like days as two men trailed behind them holding everything Nemuri had bought. "Are you sure you can carry that? We can always have one of the boys carrying it for you." She asked Y/n as they turned into another store. Y/n glanced at the poor men who were being used as Nemuri's pack mules. At least she hadn't spent a dime on Taishiro's card. Nemuri bought her some clothes she found in Y/n's size that she wanted to surprise her with. Y/n hadn't looked yet, Nemuri told her to wait till they got back to her house to see them. Y/n honestly didn't want to know what Nemuri bought her since it was probably something inappropriate. Y/n now noticed the store they were in. It was a formal attire store. And here she was looking like a street rat with baggy jeans and a baggy long-sleeved shirt. 

Almost immediately, she was dragged towards a far back corner. Y/n inwardly gagged at the dresses she was looking at, almost all of them were short and revealing or long with barely anything covering the front. Nemuri shifted herself to one rack, dropping Y/n's arm as she looked for herself. Y/n backed up and moved a few racks over. Thankfully the dresses over there weren't too bad. Some were a bit more revealing than she'd like but not nearly as bad as what Nemuri was looking at. And She knew for a fact with everywhere else they'd been and how she acted, that Nemuri might kill her if she tried looking at a suit instead of a dress. Y/n sifted through the racks and came across a dress she somewhat approved of. The dress was floor length, form-fitting up top with a sweetheart neckline. The top of the dress was off the shoulder but it had long sleeves. The bottom of the dress flowed out in an A-line style with a slit up to mid-thigh. She'd have to wear tights to keep the scars on her legs from being seen, but she liked it.

"What-cha got there?" Nemuri's voice popped up behind her. T/n showed it to her and her face broke out in a grin. "That would look amazing on you! But I will say, you should get another dress too. One for later~." She suggested, Y/n shivered with mild disgust at her suggestion. "Taishiro and I aren't like that. Besides, I am not very comfortable with showing my body." she told her. She looked confused and her smile faded. "Why don't you want to show off what you have? Even in your baggy clothes, You appear to have an amazing figure, even better than mine I have to admit!" she tried to cheer Y/n up, but she shook her head and sighed. 

"Do you remember that story of the girl who was kidnapped by the lov?" Y/n dropped her voice several octaves and whispered. Nemuri looked bewildered and she nodded her head. Y/n whipped her head around to look out for anyone nearby. "I'm that girl. I can't bring myself to show off my body since it's been scarred by those villains." She told Nemuri as she lifted one of her sleeves. Scars littered her arm, from burn scars to slashes and places they had injected her with unknown substances. Very few people saw these, and Nemuri was now one of them. Her almost silent gasp made Y/n  flinch but she stayed still the woman examined her arm.