Chapter Twenty-Five

.

.

After consenting to the DNA test Endeavor had them go immediately to a clinic that could do it. She gave them a sample of "Dabi's" blood. Endeavor gave a little bit and they waited. He sat in a chair across the room from her. He kept his glare on her the entire time they had to wait. They ended up spending half the day waiting. But that was to make sure the results got to them ASAP. They were both concerned about the same thing. Tampering of evidence by the other party. It was way past lunch when the nurse finally came through the door. "Enji Todoroki and Y/n L/n?" Her voice rang out in the air and they both got up in unison to see the results. She made them follow her to a private room before giving the results. "It appears that whoever Sample B is, is an almost direct match to yours Mr. Todoroki and they are male. So most likely a son. Congratulations." She bowed and left them each with a copy of the results. The look on his face was priceless. "I-" he was pissed but also highly confused. She could see his hand shaking as he held in his anger, he was almost to the breaking point. "Y'know, you never would've found out that your eldest son is still alive without me being as nosy as I am. And just a quick tidbit, Touya is much stronger than you. So I'd watch out if you two ever fight." She turned to walk away, but she was stopped by a flaming hand. His flames died down as soon as they made complete contact with her skin. "Thank you Y/n. I know I've been an ass about everything. Please, come by the house later today." He downcast his eyes as he kept his eyes on the papers. She gave a short hum as a response and left it at that. 

.

"How was your day Y/n?" She shrugged her shoulders with a hum as an answer. "I need you to open up to me, I have to do a mental evaluation on you before you can resume a normal life." She sighed and turned to the woman. "My day was okay. I spent half the day at a clinic waiting for test results. I helped my biological father find out his eldest son is alive. Right now I am bored out of my mind sitting before you. Later I have plans to spend time with my half-siblings over dinner." She sat back and waited for the woman's response. "And how did you feel about today?" Y/n smiled and tried to think it over. 

"Well, I guess I will say it makes me happy to know I found my older brother. I am a bit sad since I can't reach him and he was one of the main things to bring such chaos to my life. And I'm glad to reconnect with my family. So overall feeling of today... Happy and thankful." The short woman smiled and nodded. She had small glasses on the edge of her nose, her skin wasn't too pale, but not very toned, and her eyes and hair were both a dull brown. These were the kind of people who love to pry into your life for their entertainment. Y/n wouldn't give that to her. Her entire being and style screamed out bland. 

"Well, I think you did well today. You won't have to come back for a week. If you do well after a week, we will extend it to a month, and if you do well for both you will not have to come back." Y/n smiled sweetly at her and analyzed her quirk. She seemed to have one of those quirks that could see people's emotions and moods. Her quirk was most definitely a good fit for her job. "Not that I don't like your company, but it will be a relief to be released with a green light to become a part of normal society." The woman let out a sweet tinkling laugh as she finished signing some papers. "Of course! No offense taken. All the Pro-Heroes that come in under orders from IA in the Hero commission say just the same thing!" Y/n chuckled and took the paper slip she handed over. "Have a good one now! Come back in a week!" She nodded and left with a small smile on her face. 

.

Y/n stepped up to the Todoroki residence donning a pair of washed-out blue jeans, a black long-sleeved shirt under a gray band T-shirt. She didn't want Shoto to see the scars that littered her body. They would upset him and possibly scare him and Fuyumi off. She pressed the buzzer on the house three times and waited. Nothing happened after a few minutes so She tried knocking. Nothing. She sighed after another five minutes and did the "Police knock" She banged on the door four times and yelled out. "Musutafu Police! Open Up!" Seconds later she could hear clattering and the sound of someone running. "I am so sorry officer-" Natsuo looked like a wreck.