Chapter Seventeen

.

.

.

The sheer number of people she saw before she walked through the doors almost made Y/n turn and run away. But she managed to ground herself and keep her anxiety under wraps. She saw a few familiar faces. Endeavor. Present Mic. Mt Lady and even saw Aizawa, she didn't think he would purposefully ditch her with Fatgum just to go to a party. Then she saw Present Mic dragging Aizawa's arm drunkenly over to the bar. That made sense, if he had to babysit Hizashi then that would be a reason not to bring her and have to watch her too. She watched as Hizashi dropped Aizawa's arm and ran over to the DJ. Hizashi fought with the DJ over the equipment as he tried to be the DJ. She lightly shook her head and headed into the crowd. 

Y/n didn't see Taishiro and Nemuri was nowhere to be seen. She quietly made her way to the refreshment bar. It seemed like no one was around the bar so she was able to relax a bit. The only person there was the bartender, and he seemed to be lost in his own world. She sat down on a barstool and watched the party around her. She couldn't bring herself to actually party like the rest, because it was already taking most of everything in her to not have a panic attack.

"Well, hello there! I haven't seen you around." A familiar voice chimed. Y/n swiveled her head around to see Hawks. She hadn't seen him since around the time she got out of the hospital. "Uh, hey. What's up?" she asked awkwardly. He simply smiled and sat beside her."Oh! It's you! I almost didn't recognize you. Haha! You're looking really good! How are things going?" He asked with a big grin. Y/n shrugged and tried to settle her nerves. "All right I guess. I'm not too keen on dressing up, but I didn't want to make Fatgum miss the party. Miss Nemuri helped me pick something to wear." She answered. Hawks hummed a response and flagged down the bartender. 

"I'd like a beer and- hold on- Are you old enough to drink?" He asked me. She nodded and he continued. "And a margarita for the lovely lady here. Thank you." Hawks ordered. The bartender smiled and nodded before running off to make our drinks. Hawks sat back on the stool and put an arm around her shoulders. "So, I'd love to know how you escaped Midnight with this dress. I thought someone like her would've had you in something R-rated." He said with a laugh. Y/n let out an uneasy chuckle and tried to shift away from his arms. "She tried, but I managed to have the upper hand since Fatgum was buying it," She answered. Hawks tilted his head back with a laugh as he patted her back.

.

One after another Hawks kept downing drinks. Soon enough he started to get a bit more handsy. His hands barely left her body and made her feel more uncomfortable being around him. "As I was saying- Midnight and Present Mic are the best party people to be around." Y/n zoned back into what he was saying and just nodded her head. She felt Hawks' hands leave her body for a split second and took that as her chance to run. She lost him in the crowd of people and carefully navigated her way backstage. With barely anyone around she was able to settle down.

"Mic not now. I need a moment to myself." A familiar voice huffed. Y/n peeked around the corner and saw Aizawa sitting in a chair and Present Mic standing beside him. "Do you want some water? Maybe something to eat?" Mic hovered over Aizawa like a nagging mom. She drew closer and cleared her throat. Both pairs of eyes trained on her, one happy, and the other scrutinizing her. "What are you doing here Ms. L/n?" Aizawa barely got the words slurred out. She shrugged and gave a lighthearted smile. "Fatgum asked me to come with. I agreed since this is an important event." She answered, a short chuckle escaped Aizawa as he stood up. He stumbled over and half leaned on me for support and half hugged her. "Are you enjoying the party? You seem... unsettled." He pulled Y/n over to the chair and made her sit. "I am, for the most part. Hawks is a bit drunk, so he's gotten a little handsy. I stepped out for some air." He hummed and nodded his head. "Are you okay Sensei?" Aizawa plopped down on the floor beside her and put his head in his hands. "Yeah, Mic is getting me some water. He's probably getting some bread too." He huffed. Y/n relaxed in the chair. After a good thirty minutes, Mic returned with some water and bread. "Good! You're still here! Here, drink this and eat this." Y/n stood up and made Aizawa sit in the chair. Aizawa took what Mic gave him and tried to sober up. Y/n thought it was kinda funny seeing Mic taking care of Aizawa. She heard the DJ announce the next song and a bunch of people cheered.