Chapter 42

''You can not be serious, Hank!'' I slammed my hand on my desk, ''if it weren't for me, you wouldn't even know where she is! Now, you expect me to just, what, sit here

''You can not be serious, Hank!'' I slammed my hand on my desk, ''if it weren't for me, you wouldn't even know where she is! Now, you expect me to just, what, sit here.''

Despite my rage, Hank remained calm and collected, ''Tyler, I understand, really I do but you hacking into a few surveillance cameras and Roman's finances is one thing but to have you face an assassin is another thing completely. The FBI S.W.A.T are with us, we will get her back.''

I took a deep breath to regain composure, ''I love her, Hank. If I don't go with you, I will go by on my own.''

''I haven't told you where we think she is.''

''Come on Hank, we both know I could hack into the police systems before you leave this room.''

He sighed, knowing no matter what was said, the outcome would be the same. I will bring her back.

''The paper the note was written is from a company based in Russia, Danilov. However, after looking at some satellite images, north-eastern to town is a forest. If you look closely, you can see a building, which is almost completely hidden by said forest. That's where we think she and Arthur Carlisle are. " I looked at the pictures on my desk. The building was very well hidden by the forest, only a small part of it could be seen.

"When do we leave?"

He sighed again, as if he was about to object but decided against it. He explained to me how with the 11 hour time difference and the 11-hour flight by the time we get there, it will be evening and attacking with the cover of night would be an advantage. We decided the best approach was to go incognito, so we booked a flight with a different airport. Now all I have to do is tell Tyson.

"Hey, flash, come sit here.'' He dropped his toys, which he was sombrely playing with, and sat next to me.

I sent him a smile and traced the edge of his face, "are you okay?"

He remained quiet. Tyson never liked to lie. He'd prefer to remain silent than to lie. "It's okay, flash, I know how you feel." After a long pause, I continued, "that's why I'm going to rescue your mother."

He looked at me with the saddest eyes, "please don't go. I can't lose you too, daddy. Please don't go."

It hurt me to see the fear in his eyes and his voice as he spoke. I hugged him and told him, ''I will come back to you and when I come back it will be with your mom, okay?"

"You promise?"

I know never meant to make promises you can't keep but I was certain that this was true, so I nodded.