Chapter 48

I sighed as I waddled towards Tyler's corridor

I sighed as I waddled towards Tyler's corridor. It had been one long day and they only seemed to be getting longer and longer.  My family had been a great support. Rub and Em were keeping the press as far as they possibly could and they had all offered to help out with Tyson, trying to relieve as much stress as possible. However, I wanted my son near me. He and this baby I was carrying were the only sources of comfort and he needed his mom. 

I stopped by the pet shop to get a few suppliers for Pogo, Tyson's new dog. He was the gorgeous thing with the biggest blue eyes and a black shiny coat. He was a small puppy but I knew he would soon grow into an immense dog. The entire time Tyson and I were introducing ourselves to the pup, I couldn't help but think 'what would Tyler think?'. Although Tyson loved his new dog, he was still sad. 

I walked into Roman's room and stopped for a second. It looked as empty as the day Tyson walked in. Unlike Tyler, Roman wasn't in a coma. They simply put him into a deep sleep once in a while to help him with the pain. I brought him a few flowers, which were, of course, inspected by the police guard at the door. 

''I'm sorry you're alone. I'm sorry about Rose. I forgive you.'' I whispered into his ear.

'' I whispered into his ear

''I don't understand. You are celestial beings aren't you meant to know things?''

''Not necessarily. We aren't celestial beings per se and we can only see so much. We were simply there to help yourself to get back.''

''Like you control what we see right now. We can go anywhere you want.'' Maman added.

''Really, how?''

''Think about where you want to go.'' My mind immediately knew where to go. I watched the former white background morph into the hospital walls.

She looked so... sad, ''hey Captain, I know you're tired of running, tired of fighting. It is all over now. Roman has been caught but I still need you. Ty still needs you. Our baby needs you. I beg you, come back to us. Come back to me.''

She was holding my hand. She was really holding my hand. I could feel it. I missed her touch. I missed her skin against mine. ''How did you know where your body was?'' Maman asked.