Chapter 28

Every fibre of my mind was telling me not to believe him, you're going to be disappointed, but my heart told me he was telling the truth

''I know what you are thinking, 'this guy is probably an imposter', but I can prove it.'' He said with a thick Russian accent. He pulled up his shirt. That explained why he was so ripped. That was when I saw four tags.

''You were in the military?'' I asked.

''Yes. I just finshed my tour. These two are mine, the other two belong to my friends. They had no family for it to be given to.''

''What happened to them, if you don't mind me asking?'' Just by look in his eyes I already knew.

''We all walked in to war, I walked out, they didn't.''

''I'm so sorry.''

''So why did you take off your shirt?'' Tyler said a little cold hearted.

''To show her this.'' He turned around, so that his back was facing us. I couldn't believe it. He had our birthmark, on the right side of his back about 3 inches below his shoulder blade.

''You are aware almost every blood relative of our family has this, yes?'' He turned to look at me as I nodded.

''My father had it in same place on the other side of his back. Do you mind if I touch it?''

He shaked his head. I traced his birthmark with my fingers. There was no way it could be fake. Not very many people knew about it. Why would you want to know?

''My father wanted to meet his niece but he never got the chance. He died from heart failure. He made me promise to find you and your mother. The truth is I've been here for a month but, I'm sure you know Russian men don't say this, I was scared. Today, I finally built up the courage.''

I pulled him into a hug and whispered, ''you're not alone anymore.'' We stayed like this for a good minute then parted.

I sent a maid to go get my mother

I sent a maid to go get my mother. When she came down Tyler gave us a moment. She was in tears as soon as she saw him. She told him he looked identical to his father, but she never knew he had a son.