Chapter 23

For the past 9 year I've engulfed myself in my work

For the past 9 year I've engulfed myself in my work. It was what I lived for. However now, it just seemed secondary to me. I still loved what I do and I was dedicated to it but before I didn't care what time I'll be done or if it was late or early. Now over 25% I couldn't help it, and another 50% percent of the time, I couldn't concentrate.

''Daddy, I'm bored.'' Tyson came in whining.

''Well, we can't have that, can we?'' He shook his head vigorously. I looked around but I couldn't find anything for him to do. Then my head panned over my computer. I might as well.

''Ty come over here. I'm going to show you what I do for a living.'' I grabbed a chair for him to sit on since he's probably to old to be sitting on my lap.

''Tell me what you know about my job.''

''You're the face of your company and you boss everyone around.''

I chuckled, ''well, yes but there's so much to it. My job is to manage everything, make everything is running as they should be. Yes, we can give out work but if you don't do it carefully, it can majorly affect your business.

See here. I looking at the fiance spread sheet for all our different businesses: science, fashion, technology and trade companies. For each company I have a Chief financial officer in each department but I still go over them because if anything goes wrong it's on me. Do you understand?''

''Yes, just cause you're the boss doesn't mean you just hand out work and call it day. You have to work as a team,'' I nodded smiling proudly, ''Thank you daddy for showing me your work. Just like mom, you're so hard working, I hope I can live up to you both.'' He said quietly, looking down.

''Hey Ty, look at me. When my dad was showing me the ropes, I was really scared and I was older then you are right now. It is okay to be scared but trust when I say, you will an amazing CEO. You are so smart and compassionate. Those are qualities any leader needs and you have them at 9 years old. So you have nothing to worry about.''

''Thank you, daddy.'' He hugged me.

''Good morning, Mr Grant. Mr Tyson asked me to notify him once the cookies are done.'' Tyson jumped up,'' bye daddy.''

After awhile I made my way to dining room only to find it empty. I knew Tyson already ate as he woke up early but as far as I knew Natasha hadn't eaten.

''Hey Gretchen, has Natasha eaten?''

She shook her head, ''no sir, she isn't feeling too well.''

''Is she sick? Why wasn't I informed sooner? Has anyone called the doctor?'' I started to panic.

''No, she's not sick. It's just that time of month again. She will be fine. The reason why you weren't informed is because she begged us not to.''

It took me awhile before I got what she was trying to say. I nodded my head as she walked away. I made my way to our room. As I walked in, I saw her sleeping so peacefully.