Charles Leclerc [21]

A/N: Welcome back! I'm sorry for such delay in requests, but I had a lot of work for my uni and I found myself overwhelmed at some point :/ Enjoy my little come back for now :)

for: Chami2207

PROMPTS: [21] How long you will be gone?

REQUEST: Charles and you are friends since childhood, but the time comes that you have to move away with your family. With time you lose contact with each other, until you ran onto him years later.

You were sitting on the couch in your living room, awaiting a knock on the door that will engage the machine destroying your friendship with Charles. He suppose to be here any minute now and you had to tell him that your family is moving away. You were nervous. You hated to be the one breaking it down to him. He was so happy after winning GP3 title and being promoted to Formula 2 that could open the door to his Formula 1 dream. Now you had to ruin his mood. You had to make him realise that you won't be here anymore to witness his wins, to support and wait for him. You'll be far away from him and there was nothing both of you could do about it. Couple of minutes later you jumped in your seat, hearing the excited knocking on the door. You took a deep breath and got up from the couch. "Hey". You greeted Charles with fake smile glued to your face, while your whole body was in pain. "Hey, how was your day?". He asked, while stepping inside your apartment. "It was fine. How was yours?". You swifty changed attention back to him to buy yourself more time. To listen to his voice. Charles moved to the living room and fell on the couch. You sat next to him trying to focus on his words, but your mind soon drifted away. "I'm still a little tired after GP3, but I started training for F2. I also picked up the helmet project for the season. I'm really happy about it". Charles looked at you when you were silent for longer time after he finished speaking. He realised you didn't listen to him at all. Your mind seemed to left your body and was in totally different place. The expression on your face revealed that there was something serious going on, but you didn't know how to process it. "Is something wrong?". He asked finally. Concern in his voice made you look at him and suddenly you felt scared. You knew that the time has come, though you weren't ready. "I need to tell you something". You started with severe tone and he didn't like it. Charles could feel some bad news are about to come out from between your lips. "Me and my family need to leave Monte Carlo". You explained, while trying to swallow enormous lump in your throat. "Okay. How long you will be gone?". He took it better than you thought, but that was because he didn't know all the details yet. "Forever, Charles. We're moving away permanently. The company my dad is working for is sending him to new facility in new country". Your voice was trembling now as well. Charles didn't move an inch. He just sit there, starring at you, his sould and heart falling into pieces. First the world took Jules away from him and now it took you as its target. "Where? Is it far away from Monaco?". You observed him for second as he seemed to lack air to breath. "It's New Zealand, Charles. I think it's pretty far away from here". Charles sighed heavily, expecting more comforting answer. He thought it still could be somewhere in Europe, not at the end of the globe. 

Before Formula 2 season started you were already gone. Charles refused to give up on your relationship that easily, so he wrote to you every day of the week. You were glad and happy to see that he didn't forget about you right away. You were stressed by new enviroment and school, though one day you realised that if you want to survive there you had to stop clench onto the past. Soon Charles' texts became less frequent. When the racing in F2 became more serious and the play was about first place in the championship and seat in F1, your message box went silent. And you understood it. You still followed his career through internet and tv. Then you heard the news about his father's death. You sent him millions of text, but he didn't reply on any of them. The thought of him deleting your number from his phone hurt you. It hit you that maybe there was something more beyond your relationship that you both wanted to acknowledge. Maybe you lost something that people are madly chasing for years, but it was too late. You pushed those thought at the back of your head and continued your life, although they were still there.

They came back few years later when Charles was announced to drive for Ferrari. You couldn't believe that at such young age he was able to fulfill his biggest dream, his and Jules'. You needed to see him. To tell him all about your feeling, though it could be already too late. Maybe he already forgot who you are. When you searched for some ticket to France, someone ring the doorbell. You thought it was your parents who went shopping and didn't take the keys. With your head full of thoughts about Charles you went to the door and switched the lock. Your jaw dropped immediately when you saw Monegasque on the other side. The air hitched in your throat when Charles stepped inside your house and looked into your eyes. "You thought I forgot about you?". He asked, smiling from ear to ear. Your heart skipped a beat when his hands travelled to your face. "The thought of seeing you again once I reach the top was the only thing that made me keep going". You smiled as well as your eyes became watery. "All those years I wanted to tell you something...". Charles didn't let you finish as he crashed your lips in passionate kiss. A kiss that spoke more than thousand words.