Daniel Ricciardo [29 & 40]

for: EmmaBodyova1

PROMPTS: [29] You've changed & [40] Isn't this what you wanted?

You were in the kitchen when Daniel came back from his training with Michael. He didn't seem to be in a good mood for a few days. You gave him the the best smile you could as Daniel stepped further into the house, but he just passed you by without a word to get to the bedroom. As he's actions were quite weird you tried to rewind past days in your mind in order to look for a thing that could bring him down so much. Unfortunately, you didn't find anything. You followed Daniel to the bedroom and found him sitting on the edge of bed. "What's bugging you?" You asked softly, while approaching him. Daniel looked up at you and patted the space next to him. "Sit down with me, please. We need to talk". The atmosphere changed with his words. Your muscles tensed, but you sat on the bed next to him. You waited until Daniel will collect his thoughts and start speaking. "I've been thinking lately and I came to the conclusion that I can't do this anymore. I can't be with you in the relationship and still be driver in F1. I feel like I should be in two places in the same time, which makes it difficult to focus. I need to choose one and set my goals for the future".

You stared into Daniel's honey hues, before you understood that he wasn't talking about you. That it was the moment when he tells you that he's giving up on you, your relationship. You turned your head away as your eyes became watery. "That still means I like you. You're quite smart and I like to spent time with you. But everything happened so fast. Too fast. I just don't have time for that now. I'll have the car that maybe will be a winning one. I need to take my chances, I'm sorry. I hope you understand". Daniel continued, while your face was covered with curtain made from your hair. He didn't make an effort to investigate your expression. He was relieved that he told you about it. He thought you deserve something more and didn't want your hopes to elevate to level he can't reach. You on the other side have never felt such pain before in your chest, where your heart was. You gave Daniel everything you were and he just didn't care. "If it's the way you say, why did you waste your time on me?". You mumbled, trying to force back sobs, while tears were already streaming down your face. You've changed. How can you leave me after saying all those cute things, cuddles and all that acting like a true couple". You shook your head, shutting your eyes closed. "Was anything about us real, Daniel? Are you ashamed of me?".

"Of course not. Like I said, I really like you. I just... can't do that right now. Forgive me". His tone of voice was bitter, but it didn't help you at all. You were overwhelmed by negative emotions. You had to leave, you had to be far away from Daniel and his body heat. Suddenly, you got from the bed. Daniel observed as you left the room, going to the hall. "Are you leaving now?". He seemed surprise when he realised you put your shoes and coat on. "Isn't this what you wanted?". You asked, looking straight into his eyes. Your heart skipped a beat, waiting for him to stop you. But he didn't.