Max Verstappen [15]

for: formula1l0ver

PROMPTS: [15] This isn't going to be easy

A/N: Reader is working as press officer for Lewis Hamilton, but in the same time is in love with Max.

Max promised to meet you at the back of Parc Ferme after the trophy ceremony will be over. You waited at him a bit anxious that someone from Mercedes, especially Lewis, will notice that you're suddenly gone. But you couldn't help it. You loved Max with all your heart after you bumped into each other in the hotel in Singapore one year ago and talked almost the whole night on the sofa. Those stolen seconds between your duties were all you could get from life. You were working as Lewis Hamilton's press officer, while Max was driving for Red Bull Racing. Two teams rivalling with each other over the title and you in the middle of it, wanting nothing more but to be together. 

"There you are". You heard his whisper behind your back. You turned around to see that he was still in his racing suit wet from champagne. "I'm so proud of you". You said as he put down his 2nd place trophy on the ground. "I wish I could hug you, but I'm all wet. You'll smell like a 2nd place in the race". He chuckled, resting his hands on your waist. You put yours on his arms, rubbing them lightly. "You can still kiss me". Max shook his head, but leaned down to put a kiss on your lips. You parted them slightly to give him more access to your inner mouth. He pushed you against the wall, while your hands travelled to the nape of his neck, pulling on his blonde hair. "Max". You tried to push him away as you realised that Lewis might be looking for you ahead of the interview session. "Just a second". He replied, going down to your neck and peppering it with kisses. "Max, I really need to go. And Christian will be looking for you too". You reminded him. Max pullled away from you, knowing it was right thing to do now. "Will you have time later?". He asked with hope in his voice, while you tried to fix your hair. "I let you know. I have to deal with some paper work too". You caressed his cheek with your thumb as the way to say goodbye. 

You ran out from behind the garages in search for Lewis. When you didn't find him nowhere nearby, you went towards the paddock to his driver's room. You knocked on the door and he opened them immediately. "Oh, you here! I was looking for you". Lewis exclaimed, while stepping aside to let you in. "I'm sorry. I was kind of lost in the crowd". You lied, approaching the couch to pet Roscoe sleeping peacefully on the pillow. "You okay?". The British asked with concern in his features. You looked at him, trying to seem normal as always. "Sure. Everything is fine". You faked a smile, but Lewis was still unconvinced. "You have something on your neck". He continued, while touching his own. You raised your hand to your neck, while coming to the mirror on the wall. Max left a souvenir after himself on you in the shape of the lilac bruise on your neck. "It's a mosquito's bite". You answered quickly, though you covered the hickey with your hand. Lewis frowned as he didn't remember he encountered any mosquitos here, but he decided to leave it.

First you went to do interviews to the journalists in the paddock. Max came with Alex as well and you were observing him from far away. Your heart was beating faster than usual, trying to reach out to the Dutch. When Lewis was done, you lead him to the press conference, where Max was present as well. While Lewis was answering his questions, he couldn't take his eyes off you. It was like a torture, be so close to you and yet so far. He also noticed the hickey on your neck that you've been trying to hide with your hair. He didn't do that on purpose, but still was proud of himself as you were walking around the paddock with his mark on your body.

After you fullfiled all your duties with Lewis, you came back to the hotel in order to finish the work you mentioned to Max. While twisting the key in the lock you wondered if the Red Bull driver already was in his room. You spent few hours at your desk, creating a new shedule for Lewis for the next race weekend and answering to the mails of tv stations who wanted the World Champion on their couch. Sorry guys, but he Lewis was full till the end of the season. Though he won so many titles, you noticed that the interest in him only grew stronger with every year. When you finally could close your laptop, you went straight to the bathroom and took a warm shower. You stood under the stream of water with closed eyes and your hand travelled to your neck where the lilac bruise blossomed fully by now. Will your relationship include only such things? Hickeys made at the back of the garage? Avoiding each other in public and hiding around the hotel? You wasn't sure how long you'll be able to live like this.

Once you left the bathroom, you noticed a piece of paper lying under your door. You picked it up, recognizing Max's handwritting. Same place as always. I'll be waiting. You smiled, gnawing on your bottom lip. You hoped it didn't lay here for too long. You quickly grabbed your hoodie and left your room. The elevator took you downstairs to the main hall. Apart from receptionist there was nobody around. Max was sitting on the couch, which was hidden behind partition wall. "Did you waited for a long time?". His eyes looked up at you and his face immediately brighten. "No at all. I missed you". He replied, while you sat next to him. His hand travelled to your neck to put your hair aside. "You have no idea how sexy it was to see you with this in the conference room". He chuckled, brushing his thumb over the hickey. You sighed, rejecting his touch. "It's not funny, Max". His smile faded away and you knew he's hurt. "Lewis saw that. I had to lie to him again. He's my friend, I hate that. People at Mercedes keep asking me where I'm disappearing over the day and I don't know what to say to them anymore. I want you, Max. I don't want to live like this, hiding between dutsbins, not being able to look at you".

"You think I don't want it?". He asked, hurt visible in his features. "You think I'm not tired? I wish I could go with you through the paddock, while holding your hand. I wish I could show how proud I am to be by your side. If we stop hiding, this isn't going to be easy". You took his hand in yours and squeezed it lightly. "I know, Max. But if we don't, then I'll suffocate. I don't want to live like this anymore. If that means I'll lose my job so be it. I don't care". Max reached out his arm to pull you against his chest. He kissed the top of your head, while one of his hands was caressing your cheek. "Then we should do it. I want to make hickeys all over your body without threat of being exposed". He joked, which made you giggled against his chest.

Suddenly, you heard the sound of arriving elevator. The silver door opened and you both raised your heads to see who that was. Lewis left the elevator, the towel on his arm signalizing he was going for a late night swim. You observed him, praying for him passing without noticing you. Yet fate wanted a different thing. First Lewis took only a glimpse at you, but then stopped for a minute longer. You and Max were still cuddled up together and none of you wanted to move away. You just stared at Lewis, awaiting what will happen next. "Hi, mosquito". Lewis giggled, while looking at you and continue his way towards the pool. You returned his smile, feeling slightly better all of the sudden. Max frowned all confused about his new nickname as you burst into laugh.