Lando Norris [14]

for: francescaguerrazzi

PROMPT: [14] Do you need me to prove that your nightmare wasn't real?

A/N: It's so awful what happened to Lando! But I've already seen signs that he's doing alright. Cross my fingers for him during this weekend!

You tried to calm yourself on your own, but you couldn't. The nightmare you had was haunting you, following you to every room of your apartment when all you wanted was to find some peace. You were desperate for help and you knew only one person could put you to rest. Nevertheless, when you grabbed your phone from the nightstand a wave of guilt washed over you immediately. Lando was propably sleeping after his long day at MTC. He, the team and the whole McLaren were preparing for their home race and the last thing you wanted was to ruin it. Within a couple of minutes you got yourself into that loop of putting down and taking your phone over and over again, adding some pacing around your apartment in between. You were about to take your device one more time, but all of the sudden it started ringing. Lando's ID appeared on the screen along with a cute photo of him that you took on one of your rescent dates. The clock on the black bar was showing three in the morning. You were surprised, because the time was quite unusal even for him. Without futher thinking you picked up your phone and pushed the green button.

"I thought you were sleeping". His raspy voice sounded in your ear and you felt better from just hearing it. "I thought you were sleeping too. Is something wrong? Do you need anything?". You asked with your concern tone that always melted his heart. "I was about to ask you the same thing". "Why?". You gnawed on your lower lip in anticipation of his answer. "I just needed to check on you. I was sleeping, but then suddenly I woke up. I felt like something isn't right with you". Your teeth dug deeper into your lip as your eyes became watery. In different circumstances Lando's confession would make your heart flutter, but now it just reminded you of the bad dream you had earlier. "So?". The silence on your side was getting a bit too long and it was clear for him that something was not right. Besides, he could hear your breathing. It was a little fast, shallow. It was often like this when you were nervous. "What's wrong, baby girl? Tell me or I get a heart attack". You took a very deep breath, though you felt as if none of that air reached your lungs. You slowly let it out as you tried to speak through your tightened throat. "I had a bad dream. With you in it". You replied with your voice breaking at the end. You tried your best not to cry, thinking about the headache you'd get in the morning, but some tears already spilled from your eyes and they were running down your cheeks. "Do you need me to prove that your nightmare wasn't real?". Lando asked softly and you nodded, though he couldn't see it. "Yes. I don't think I'm going to make it till morning on my own". You swallowed. "I'm so sorry, Lando". "You have nothing to be sorry for, baby girl. As your boyfriend it's my job to be there for you 24/7. Just give me a couple of minutes and I'll be on my way". You agreed and promised to wait patiently for him. Then, you hung up on him and headed to the corridor where you sat on the floor as you didn't have any better place to be.

Lando arrived at your door a quarter after his call. Once he stood in your doorway, you jumped onto him, embracing his neck strongly with your hands. You nuzzled yourself into him, while his strong arms embraced your body like a safe cocoon. "You're here". You said, your voice cracking here and there. Lando walked into your apartment with you hanging onto him as the door fell closed behind him. He then carried you to your bed to lay there with you for the rest of the night. "Of course I'm here, baby girl. Everything's going to be okay. You're not alone". He kept whispering those soothing words to your ear, while tucking you in. "You really had the strenght to drive all the way to my apartment?". You asked when Lando was finished and laid beside you, covering himself with separate blanket. "How am I suppose to sleep knowing that something is wrong with my princess? Even without calling you I'd eventually just explode and sat behind the steering wheel". You chuckled at his remark, feeling your eyelids getting heavier as sleep wanted to take over your mind again. "You can sleep now. No more bad dreams on my watch". Lando reached his hand to caress your head in slow gentle movements. Your eyes were opening and closing until they fell closed permanently. Lando smiled to himself, seeing you all cuddled up and peaceful. Such image was filling his heart with warmth. He kissed your forehead carefully to not wake you up and settled himself next you in order to drift off to sleep himself.