Mick Schumacher [1, 2 & 10]

for: Verst4ppen

PROMPTS: [1] I had a bad dream, [2] Take it easy & [10] It's going to be okay

The nights in Bahrain were hot this time of the year, which caused your sleep to be more restless. It was already, because of the major crash that happened during F1 race. Luckily, Romain was alive and was transported to hospital, but  to say that it didn't impact you somehow would be lie. A moment like this made you realise how dangerous this sport is, despite all the safety measures FIA took over the years. You realised that Mick gets into the similar car almost every day and risks his life. In the name of what? You were being selfish in your thoughts, but emotions were slowly taking adventage of you. You couldn't cope with the thought that your boyfriend could be even envolved in such terryfing incident, not speaking about injuries.

When you went to sleep it was even harder to control your imagination. In your dream you saw the track, the line of cars during the race. Mick was in one of them, while you were watching the rivalization from the garage. He was close to the podium, so he started to take risky moves in order to move up in positions. He was about to jump to P2, when the car next to him turned sharply, bumping into him. Mick lost control, though he was still moving the steering wheel in hope he'll be able to come back on track. You observed on the screen how the bolid with full speed and your boyfriend inside crashed against the barrier. The flames appeared right after, swallowing everything in their way. Your heart was racing. You cried and scream for help, but nobody moved. Nobody was trying to save him. Everybody kept watching as the race continued without Mick. You started running through the pit lane in order to get to him, but the cars crossing the finish line cut your way off, while the crowds cheered for the winner of the race. 

You woke up right after, still feeling the heat of the fire on your cheeks as well as salty tears streaming down on your pillow. You opened your eyes and noticed that the light on Mick's side was turned on. You slowly moved on your back to face him. There was nothing, but pure worry and concern in his features, making you feel guilty right away. He should be sleeping, not watching over you. He had another important race race tomorrow and you were distracting him. "I heard your sniffling". Mick said, his voice a bit harsh from sleep. "I had a bad dream". You admitted, avoiding his gaze. "Do you want to tell me about it?". He asked carefully. In response you sit up in bed, but your head felt dizzy from changing positions too quickly. "Take it easy". You felt Mick's reassuring touch on your shoulder as he helped you to rest your head against the headboard. "I dreamt about you being in that crash instead of Romain". You spoke, bringing your legs to your chest. "It was horrible. Your car was burning like a torch and nobody was trying to help you. There was no red flag or safety car, not even a yellow flag. Everybody just stood there, watching the race as if nothing happened. I tried to help you, but cars on track cut my way off". 

"Oh, Liebling". Mick moved closer to you, embracing you thight with his arms and pushing against his chest. His soothing tone made your eyes became watery again. "It's going to be okay. I belong with you and only with you. Nothing can tear us apart. And you know I'm always careful. I rather lose positions in the race than risk my life and that I'll never see those gorgeous eyes of yours ever again". You chuckled, when his thumbed moved to caress your cheekbone. You looked up at him, hugging your body to his. "I'll always worry about you. Because I love you". Mick smiled at your words. "I love you too. I always will". He replied and leaned down to put a gentle kiss on your lips.