Lando Norris [42]

for: Berry_Kissed

PROMPTS: [42] Don't forget to take your medication

It was suppose to be nice evening, only you and Lando after he came back from another triple header. Everything went down in the moment when some girl approached your table in the restaurant, wanting to say "hi" to your boyfriend. Apparently, she was working for McLaren and lived nearby. Once you acknowledged her perfect body shape, beautiful hair falling in waves over her shoulders, shining jewerly on her skin and the dress revealing much more than it should, your anxiety popped up in your brain with twice power. You were taking your pills regulary, but when it came to Lando with other women they were worth nothing. Lando didn't mind some extra company, he was actually quite happy to see her. It all resulted in ending your date earlier than it should as you asked him to take you home. The way to your apartment was spent in silence, though he was trying to make you talk to him for some time. You ignored his attempts, because everything was shaking inside of you. But once you arrived home you couldn't escape Lando anymore. "Could you please stop with that silent treatment and tell me what happened? Why we had to leave earlier?". Lando questioned, while closing the door behind the two of you. "Because what? You wanted to stay with that girl a little longer?". You asked, your harsh tone made him shiver. "Oh, I told you she's a friend from work. She works in the factory!". You scoffed at his explanation, while taking off your shoes and jacket. 

"Are you going to avoid me for the rest of the evening?". Lando followed you to the living room after you turned away from him. The British approached you from behind, caught you by your arms and turned around to face him. "It hurts!". You yelled and pushed him away. His lips parted as you never did that before, even if you were annoyed or not in the mood for joking. "What do you want me to say to you?!". You shouted. Your cheeks turned red and your breathing was shallow. "You want me to say that I'm jealous? It's not even a peak of the mountain!". Lando threw his hands in the air. "Then tell me where that peak is!". He yelled as it seemed to be the only way to reach you. "You truly don't know? You travelling God knows where! You never here when I need you or when I'm dying from my anxiety. I have no idea what you do out here, with whom you hang out in the clubs. You're leaving me at home all alone and don't give a shit! I'm so sick of this!". You spit those words in Lando's face, his eyes growing wider and wider with every one of them. You were always the bad one, making big arguments from little things. All you wanted was Lando Norris for yourself. You were always so afraid that he would find someone else and simply let go of you. A girl much better than you, prettier, smarter and fully healthy on her mind. Somebody who's not a problem. If you could, you would travel with him to every race, but you were bounded by your job and the university in London. Anxiety grew to be your defence mechanism as you tried so desperately to keep the love of your life by your side, often with completely opposite result.

"How can you say that now? I warned you about it when we started dating. I call you every day and every time you're about to go to bed, no matter in which time zone I am. Does this look like I don't give a shit about you? And what about me, huh? No matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, it's always the same!". Lando's eyes became watery. He was hurt big time. You pointed out the worst thing you could to a F1 driver. Saying that he was absent was like stabbing his heart with a dagger. His chest was heaving as he combed his fingers through his hair. "I wish I knew how to quit you". You admitted, tears running down your cheeks. You let out a sob, realising it was your selfishness that could put an end to your relationship. You still loved him. You loved Lando with all your heart and you didn't know how to live without him anymore. You couldn't let him go, but you couldn't take your words back as well. "You want me to quit?". He asked, his cheeks stained with tears and eyebrows raised in disbelief. "Fine. If you really want me to leave and be free, so be it. I'll go". He nodded, more to himself, while turning around on his way to the door. You stood in the middle of the living room with your heart racing in your chest. You opened your mouth to call him, but all of the sudden Lando stopped and looked at you one more time. "Just... don't forget to take your medication". 

The air hitched in your throat as he said those words. As he disappeared behind the wall, you hurried after him to the door. Lando's hand was already on the handle, when you jumped onto him. Crying into his ear. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry". You bursted into tears, embracing his neck with your arms. "I don't want you to leave. Please don't leave. I'm sorry. Lando, please forgive me". Your legs went week from that rollercoaster of emotions. Lando's hands kept you close to him as you both fall to your kness. He closed his arms securely around you as you whimpered and sobbed into him. "I love you so much, Lando". You mumbled against his chest. "I love you too, sweetheart. You and only you. You're the one and you'll always be. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life". His hand took your chin in his fingers and lift your head up, so he could look at you. You stared at Lando, hypnotised by the beauty of his eyes. Then, he pressed softly his lips against yours. With his soothing touch all the anxiety vanished. "Do you need your pills to calm down?". He asked quietly, when you broke apart. "You're enough". You replied, while caressing his cheek with your thumb. A small smile appeared on his face. Lando lift you up from the floor and carried you in bridal style to your bedroom. When you fell asleep cuddled up to his side, Lando looked down at you wondering about all the ways he could show you that you were worth every single second of his life and every single beat of his heart.