Daniel Ricciardo [7, 9 & 21]

for: p3ngu1n

PROMPTS: [7] Did you make this?, [9] How long will you be gone? & [21] Don't scare me like that!

You returned home after a long day in the office, looking forward to spent the rest of the evening, but once you closed the door you've noticed the apartment was quiet and dark. It surprised you as Daniel didn't inform you about any plans or events. You left your bag, shoes and coat in the corridor and entered the apartment further. You expected to find a note on the fridge or on the counter that your boyfriend made plans with his friends last minute, but it wasn't the case. The table in the kitchen was dressed nicely with rose petals spread on its surface and on the floor around it. Candles were burning bright in the middle, illuminating plates, glasses and cutlery left there for two. The bottle of wine was waiting on the counter unopened and unbelievable smell of Italian cuisine filled your nostrils. Daniel might seem like a funny free spirited guy to Formula One audience, but when he wanted he could be also very romantic. But where was he hiding?

"Good evening, my lady," A weak scream escaped your throat when something grabbed your waist from behind and squeezed it tightly. "Don't scare me like that!" you yelled, though he was definitely proud of himself that he managed to raise your heart rate. Not that he had to do anything than just being around you... "I thought I was going to die from all that waiting," he said, kissing the top of your head. "Did you make this?" you nodded at the table. "Do you like it?" he kissed your cheek next. "I love it! Are you kidding me?" You turned around in his embrace to reward him with a soft kiss on the lips. Daniel led you towards the table and helped you sit on the chair like a true gentleman. Then, he grabbed the awaiting bottle of wine and poured descent amount to both of your glasses. "Are we celebrating something today?" you asked as your boyfriend was serving thw dinner which turned out to be Spaghetti Bolognese. Simple, but those in jars from supermarket were nothing compared to the home-made one. "It's actually my way to please you before I'll inform you about something," Daniel explained carefully, while sitting at the table with you and reaching for his fork. He got you worried. It sounded seriously, but break up or anything like that didn't even cross your mind. You were too close, too bound to each other to part ways.

"I'll have to return to London earlier than I planned last year," he announced. That moment had to come at some point, but you thought you'll have more time before the season starts. Daniel's first season at McLaren was not what he expected. At the beginning, he was optimistic about new enviroment. He thought it will be a matter of five or six races to take control over the car, but in the end it was a constant struggle. Yes, he managed to won the race in Italy, nevertheless it wouldn't be possible if Lewis and Max didn't crash, so certain circumstances helped your favourite Aussie to have this one. Earlier returned to MTC seemed reasonable as both Daniel and McLaren had no intention of repeating last year's nightmare. "How long will you be gone?" you asked, trying to sound not too sad. "Two weeks, two and a half... It's hard to say, but I will definitely be back before the season," Daniel assured you, but you shook your head. "That's okay. You should use that time with your crew. Maybe you will win a race this season as well." It caused Daniel to laugh, but it was nice to think of. With such supporter like you everything was possible.