Nyck de Vries [12]

for: Alessiaaa_0357

PROMPTS: [12] Did you hear that?

As Nyck was on his training before next Formula E race you came back to your shared apartment earlier than usual. Recently you were even busier than your boyfriend, while trying to fulfill duties at your work which caused you to neglect his feelings and needs. But today you wanted to surprise him with warm dinner on the table as well as your free time. You were leaning on the kitchen counter, while the water for pasta was boiling in the pot when you heard a key being put into the lock. You smiled to yourself as you left the door open on purpose. Besides, Nyck's constant tries to get inside were quite funny. Once he managed to get inside you turned around to face him as he walked out from the corridor. His eyebrows went high, seeing you all domestic and smiley at this part of the day. "What is such pretty lady doing in my kitchen?". He chuckled, pulling his earphones out. You could tell he was surprised, maybe a bit in shock as well, but in a positive way. "You think I'm pretty, handsome?". You asked teasingly as Nyck was making his ways towards you. He was all sweaty and his body was radiating with heat. His hands rested on your hips, bringing you closer to his chest. "You, my dear, are the most gorgeous thing this world ever created". The Dutch replied. You smiled softy at his compliment, resting your palms at the top of his chest. "Did you finish earlier today?". Nyck asked next, still a little confused by the situation. Previous weeks got him used to spending time alone, cooking for himself and being with himself in general. He missed you dearly, but he couldn't stop you from evolving and keep on disappearing himself for long periods of time whether it was a Formula E race or duties as Mercedes reserve driver. "Actually, I finished my work for today and instead taking more assignments I took off". You explained. "From where comes that sudden change?". Nyck embraced your waist with his arms as your lowered your gaze from guilt overflowing you. "I realised how much I was working lately and that I didn't care about you at all. So, I wanted to make dinner, but I know it won't make up for the time we've already lost".

Nyck cupped your face with one of his hands, making you look him in the eyes. "We'll have plenty of time to draw from. Let's focus on what's going on now, not in the past". His thumb rubbed your cheek and the corners of your lips rode up. "You're not angry?". Nyck shook his head. Maybe he felt some sorrow when thinking about you lately, but in this moment he forgot all about it. "Did you hear that? That's my heart racing for you. And that means I love you even more, baby". You giggled, while letting your head fall to his chest. In fact his heart was truly far from steady thumping you often fall asleep to. It somehow made you proud that you still had such effect on him. "I think I'll take a shower after the training, but it won't take long". You pulled away from him, letting him go to the bathroom. "The dinner should be ready then". You responded, throwing measured part of pasta into the boiling water. "Perfect". Nyck stated, before disappearing behind the door. He could be more happy now that you've came back to him.