Mobster!Lando [13]

for: curvaparabolica

PROMPT: [13] I'm glad you're here.

The rambling in the room across your and Lando's shared bedroom woke you up from a shallow sleep. You looked at the clock, realising that it has been hours already since Lando left. You two had a very nice dinner on the terrace by the pool, when his phone rang. His Spanish partner, Carlos Sainz, needed help with some independent mob that could cause some troubles to both of them. Lando sadly needed to end your lovely evening, though he promised to hurry. Nevertheless, you followed him into his office and watched, with heart racing in your chest, how he dressed in black jacket and pulled his gun from the drawer of the desk to put it behind his back. You knew Lando was careful. He needed to be for you, but there were always circumstances that he or Carlos couldn't predict. That's why you feared that one day he might not come back. Lando seemed to sense it. Before he left, he rested his hands on your lower back, bringing you close to him. You looked into his sparkling eyes, putting your palms on his chest. "Don't be sad, my love. There's a whole life ahead of us". He assured you and kissed you gently. You smiled against his lips, pecking his cheek in the same time. 

The moment of your goodbye seemed like ages ago. You promised yourself you won't sleep until Lando comes back, but tiredness was stronger. Hearing the noise from his office, you got up from the bed and walked across the hall. Before entering the room, you done your hair behind your ears, so he wouldn't feel guilty of leaving you again. Then, you walked inside the office. The room was dark, only lamp on Lando's desk was turned on and Lando himself was sitting next to it. You stopped dead in your tracks, when you saw a devilish red scratch on his side. His white button up was hanging on the chair, the place where the bullet found his way to his body damped with blood. You opened your mouth wider, observing his actions to patch the wound. "What is this?". You asked in shock, swallowing the lump in your throat. Lando's head shot up in your direction immediately. Your voice almost caused him to fell off his desk. "It's not as bad as it looks". He explained, not knowing how you'll react.

It wasn't the first time, when you caught him like this late at night. First few times you were terrified and tried to get him to the hospital. But with time you realised the size of a scratch isn't as much important as the fact he came back home in one piece. Though there was one thing you hated.

"I don't like when you hide like this". You said, crossing your arms. "I didn't want to wake you up". He sighned, while opening the bottle with sanitizer. "Bullshit! I rather be woken up in the middle of the night than have this feeling that you don't want me here".

Suddenly, Lando took some things from his desk and throw them against the wall. You stepped back, scared of his reactions. "How can you say such things?! It hurts!". He yelled, turning his back to you. You could see his tensed muscles on his shoulders. "Then stop hurting me first. Because it looks like you're hiding before me". You added, more calmly, while walking through the room. You approached Lando and took one of the cotton pads, wetting it with sanitizer. You pressed it against his perfectly sculpted body and he didn't make a sound, too fixiated on your serious expression on your face. He marveled at the slight shadow your eyelashed set on your cheekbones, at the corners of your lips, which often lifted in the smile, now were deadly still. He loved you. He loved you so much. And you were right. Hiding his wounds from you wasn't fair, so he reached his hand, resting it in the nape of your neck. You stopped cleaning his wound and looked up at him, your gaze sending shivers down his spine. "I'm glad you here". He whispered, bring your head closer to let your forehead rest against his. "I had nothing before I met you. Don't ever think that I don't want you here. I rather die than lose you". You bit on your lower lip, hearing his statement. A single tear escaped your eye and was immediately brushed away with Lando's thumb. "I love you". You exhaled, feeling your chest flood with that extrodinary warmth only Lando could give you. "I love you too, princess". He replied, gently kissing your lips in the darkness of his office.