Aria

Aria

I can't believe he is doing all this for me. How sweet is that? I get to the bar and grab my weed and a blunt out of the drawer. As I walk back towards the kitchen the aroma of Italian food hits me and smells amazing. When I walk through the kitchen door, I see Gabriel at the fridge. What the hell is he doing down here. He promised he wouldn't interfere tonight. "Gabriel what are you doing?" I ask. He shoots me a mischievous look and says, "Oh, sis don't worry I just needed to get a drink. Plus, I wanted to meet this guy you have been talking about all day." He reaches his hand out to Jace. "I'm Gabriel Madden, Aria's stepbrother. It's nice to meet you. It looks like you are spoiling her already. That's good. She can be a spoiled little slut, occasionally." Jace looks at him unimpressed. "Nice to meet you as well. Actually, she's spoiling me. She's been making me drinks and letting me take in her beauty as I cook. It's a teamwork effort. As for the slut comment... We'll see." I look at Gabriel with a look of triumph. I win. Jace didn't take his bait and put him right back in his place. I'm beginning to like him more and more. 

"Okay Gabriel, you have met Jace. By the way, there is a second stocked kitchen on the 2nd floor. Please use that one. Now go mess with someone else." Gabriel shrugs and walks towards me. As he passes, he smacks me on the ass and exit the room. "I'm so sorry about him. He's an arrogant asshole. He is staying here while he's in town." Jace chuckles and says "He's jealous that's all. I don't mind him, just as I don't mind Stephen. You are mine for this evening and that's all that matters to me. So, are you rolling that blunt, or am I?" I laugh. I'm glad he is so calm about all of this. I go and sit on the bar stool at the counter and roll the blunt for us to smoke. I can't believe I'm about to smoke weed with a cop. This is definitely a first. I grab the lighter out of my bra and light it up. It will be interesting to see how Jace reacts seeing as this is some really good weed. I inhale the smoke and hold it in as I pass it to Jace. He takes it and inhales like a pro. After he exhales, he grins, "Damn, that's some good shit. The Bruschetta is just about done and the Orzetti will be done shortly." We smoke almost half of it and then put it out since the food is ready. I already set the table earlier so everything was ready.

 He tells me to go sit at the table and he will bring it in. I walk into the dining room, and he has apparently lit candles and chilled some wine. Not going to lie this is the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me. I sit down in one of the chairs and wait. Jace walks in with a tray of food which he places in the middle of the table. It looks amazing. "Would you like some wine? This pairs well with what I have made." He says sweetly. I smile and hold out my glass. He finally sits down beside me and grabs my hand. "Do you mind if we say a prayer before we eat?" I'm impressed. "Of course, we can." I reply. He smiles and we bow our heads.

"Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for the food we're about to enjoy at this table. As you have provided for us in the past, so you may sustain us throughout our lives. While we enjoy this gift, may we never forget the needy or those in want. Allow us to use this food as nourishment to help us become better Christians and teach others about you. We ask these things in your precious and holy name. Amen." "Amen" I repeat. 

He really is a great man. I've never had anyone other than family pray with me at dinner. He's surprising me left and right tonight. I take a sip of wine then grab a piece of the Bruschetta. The first bite I take is like Heaven in my mouth. "This is amazing Jace. You have really surprised me tonight. You can't be this perfect. Tell me one of your flaws." He laughs, "Thank you, babe." Well, I'm not perfect. I do have something that I want to tell you. I hope it doesn't change anything. I really like you, Aria. I think you are amazing, and I think we have a lot in common. I want to be honest and upfront with you. I was married and I'm recently divorced. Also, I have a 2-year-old son named Kaiden." Okay, well that was unexpected.