Stephen

I'm not sure where I am. I open my eyes and realize I'm not at home. I instantly feel bad about everything I did last night. I'm in the girl from last night's bed. Fuck, what did I do? Lying here beside her I realize how wrong this all feels. I don't even know her name. I'm trying to decide whether I should just get up and call a cab to leave or wake her up and say something, when I hear my phone ring. Oh shit, that's Aria's ringtone. I guess she's figured out that I'm not home. As if I don't feel guilty enough, I'm going to have to listen to her bitching. I hesitantly answer and try to sound nonchalant. "Hey baby girl, what's up?" She doesn't respond. All I hear is her breathing heavily. "I guess you've noticed that I'm not there. Look, I'm sorry A." I wait for a response and still nothing. A feeling of dread washes over me. "Are you going to say something?" I snap. 

I've known her since we were kids, long before she was rich and famous. I've loved her for many years of that, even though it's obvious she doesn't feel the same way. She is too worried about chasing the assholes that treat her like shit. Of course, she always says that she just doesn't want to complicate our friendship and that she isn't good for me. But I call bullshit. I know I shouldn't even feel guilty about last night. It's not like she gives a shit. We're not in a relationship. She really has no reason to be mad. I mean hell, she fucks people all the time, what's the difference? When she finally answers I know something is wrong immediately. I can hear the panic in her voice as she says, "Where are you, Stephen? We were worried about you! We were afraid you were dead!" She cries. Wow, she's really upset. Why would she think I was dead? I try to think for a second on what to say to her, but she interrupts my thoughts. "There's a person wearing a mask. They made it past the security and are probably in the house already! Anna and I are in the panic room! The police are on the way!" I immediately freeze. How could I be so fucking stupid? I was out here worrying about getting laid last night and I left the one person I love more than anything unprotected. I have to get over there. "I'm on the way! Stay in there. Fuck! I'm sorry, baby girl." I hang up before she can respond. 

I feel like such an asshole. I can't believe this is happening. I'll kill anyone that tries to hurt her. What am I going to do if she gets hurt? How will I live with that? This is all my fault. How could someone get past the security? Where is my team? I have so many questions flooding through my mind, I can't think straight. This doesn't make any sense. I'm pissed someone would try to hurt her. I'm pissed that my security team and myself let this happen. I'm just all around pissed. She may never forgive me for this and if something happens to her I will never forgive myself.