JACE

Jace

As I am making my way through the still confused crowd, I lose sight of Khane. I push through the people and spot Alec and Gabriel. "Where the fuck is he?" I shout. Gabriel's nose is bleeding and Alec has a gash on the side of his face. "What the fuck happened?" I ask. "He surprised us, him and Stephen are outside" Alec says quickly. Fuck. 

A gunshot rings through the crowd. I slide through Alec and Gabriel and run outside. I see two bodies lying on the ground and Aria holding a gun. I walk over to Khane, bend down and check his pulse. He's still alive but he's losing a lot of blood. I walk over to Stephen. "Dude, you alright?" Stephen looks up at me, shaking, "Man, I haven't heard gunfire since the war." I help him up and walk towards Aria. "Aria, my love, hand me the gun."

 I can see she's fucked up inside. She says shaking, "He was going to shoot Stephen, I didn't have a choice." I put my hand on the gun and take it from her. "Baby, it's okay. You're okay, come here." I say calmly. I grab her in as tight of a hug as possible, and she starts sobbing uncontrollably. "I didn't want to kill him. Why did he make me do that?" We sink to the ground. I just hold her and let her cry. 

I see cameras flashes and people standing around. Alec is on the phone; I'm hoping calling 9-1-1. A few minutes go by, and Aria and I are still on the ground. She's okay but, she's not. I don't even know what to say to her right now. My unit shows up, the EMT's load up Khane and my fellow officers mark the scene. Dillon walks up me. "What the hell happened?" He asks. I shake my head. "Here's the gun. It's still loaded. My fingerprints will be on it as well as hers. Is he going to make it?" I ask. He grabs my arm, "Yeah, I think so, he's lost a lot of blood but, I think we got here in time." He says quietly. "How the hell did he get out? I thought he wasn't being released until tomorrow. Why wasn't I notified?" I ask sternly. 

I'm fucking pissed. This whole thing was avoidable. I should have been told. He shakes his head. "I don't know how the hell he got released his bail hearing was set for tomorrow. I didn't know he was out, or I would have called. Someone dropped the ball, Jace." I snort. "Dropped the ball? Are you fucking kidding me, my girlfriend just had to shoot him, before he shot her best friend or worse her? Dropped the ball? That's a fucking understatement. Someone's head is going to roll for this." He looks at Aria. "Hi, ma'am. I'm Officer Dillon." She looks up at him like he's the said the dumbest thing ever said. "I don't really give a flying fuck who you are to be honest. I want to go home, there is paparazzi and cameras everywhere and I just fucking shot someone. Can we do this at my house?" She spits. I have to admit she was a bit harsh but, I get it. I pick her up. "Baby, come on let's get you in the car. I will give them the address, so they can come take your statement." I whisper. "That isn't going to be a problem, right Dillon?" I ask. "Uhm, no, yeah that's fine." He replies quickly. I get Aria in the car; grab the guys and we head back to the house.