JACE

Jace

I hadn't planned on meeting her family this soon, but honestly it makes me feel good she wants me to. I'm interested to see how this is going to go. I now wish I had changed out of my uniform after mine and Jamie's fight, but hey maybe having a police officer in the room will keep heads from rolling. 

Aria buzzes the door and lets them in. A slim and tall man with brownish red hair and glasses enters the room first. Followed by a short and husky woman. She is beautiful, with her green eyes and mid length brown hair. Aria resembles her a little in the face. The man is dressed in jeans, boots and a button up flannel shirt. Very country looking. The woman is in white jeans, tennis shoes and a brown cowl neck top that compliments her build well. 

We all make our way down the hall silently until we reach a massive room, I have never been in. It appears to be an entertainment room. With light blue walls and oak hardwood floors it's cozy. When you enter the room, there is a brown marble bar to the right with deep brown bar stools and a huge, mirrored alcohol display hanging behind it. To the left, there is a huge chocolate brown suede couch with matching recliners on either side. A coffee table made of the same marble as the bar sits in front of the couch. Straight back there, is a dark oak pool table with baby blue felt and pool sticks mounted on the wall. Also, there are aquariums built into the walls surrounded by different decor. This room is like the ultimate man cave. 

The man sits in one recliner and the woman sits in another. Me, Gabriel and Aria sit on the couch. Aria is between Gabriel and I. Stephen sits on the floor between Arias legs. He could have fit on the couch, but I think he wanted to sit there so she is surrounded by all of us, in case something crazy happens. Aria finally speaks. "Mom, Anthony, first of all this is my boyfriend Jace." I grab her hand in instinct. I shout for joy inside when she refers to me as her boyfriend. "Jace, this is my mom Melinda and my stepfather Anthony." I smile "Nice to meet y'all." Her mother and stepfather both smile with excitement; they probably aren't used to her dating anyone that isn't a rapper or asshole. Her mother says warmly "It's so nice to meet you. I'm glad to see her with someone stable." I hit that right on the head. Anthony speaks up "Wow, a cop. You definitely are different from her regular type. Welcome to the family. Please stay awhile and keep her out of trouble." I laugh. "I plan on staying as long as she will keep me. And I will do my best to keep her out of trouble." Aria squeezes my hand in appreciation. 

Stephen gets up and asks "Does anyone want a drink? Babygirl the usual?" Aria nods. Gabriel, Anthony and I agree. Stephen asks "Jace the same as last night? Gabriel you can fix your own and Anthony will you be having your usual?" Anthony and I nod. Gabriel gets up and smacks Stephen on the arm in a joking manner "Thanks prick." Stephen laughs "Yeah, no problem asshole." It's good to see everyone getting along. Stephen hands Melinda a bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper. She says "Thanks, son." After everyone has their drinks, Melinda says "So, Aria do you and Gabriel want to explain what the hell that picture was about?" Aria shifts in her seat and takes a huge sip of her drink. Gabriel speaks up "I'll answer that, well you see. Aria and I had a moment of passion. Truth is, I'm in love with her." Melinda spits her drink everywhere. "Mom! Seriously!" Aria shrieks. Melinda looks Ill. "Gabriel, that is your sister. What is wrong with you. The fact you two even kissed is disgusting." Aria interjects. "Mom, we're not brother and sister. We are not blood related and we do not share siblings. It's not disgusting. I love him too. But there is more to the story." 

This is like watching a talk show. Anthony and I sit silently just watching as everything unfold. Melinda spits "There is more? And what do you mean you love him too? Are you two high? You have a handsome man sitting right beside you and you tell me you love your stepbrother?" Aria takes another huge sip of her drink which finishes it off. Stephen takes the glass and gets up to make another. This time he kisses her forehead and I hear him whisper "You are okay baby, just breathe" in her ear. I release her hand and put my arm around her. She snuggles into me relaxing a little bit. Gabriel, put his hand on her hand and she relaxes a little more. It's when Stephen gets back and hands her the drink and lays his head on her leg that she relaxes the rest of the way. She needs us. All of us. Things just got more complicated but I'm okay with it. I'm here for the long haul.