Stars~ Rexsoka

PSA FROM THE FUTURE: i could not write relationships back when i wrote this- this also goes for the whole book! i keep this around on my page for the funny comments and the memories, so please don't comment things along the lines of "this relationship is moving too fast" because, trust me, I know. this is a response i've gotten particularly a lot of on this one especially, but just know that I'm fully aware.

Ahsoka Tano watched as several of the still-awake clones began to play truth or dare. She was impressed how so many of her troopers managed to sleep through all everything. She knew she would never be able to. 

"Hardcase, truth or dare?" asked Fives, grinning. This is where the fun begins. Ahsoka thought. She knew that she was technically supposed to be asleep in the Jedi Temple, but this was much more entertaining.

"Dare!" Hardcase said, his grin almost matching the one on Fives's face. Hardcase always picks dares. Ahsoka thought, shaking her head. She knew that this was not going to turn out well. Every single time Hardcase took a dare, it resulted in a very angry Kix, Anakin, or Obi-Wan, not to mention at least five broken items, some of them due to lightsabers. 

"I dare you to replace all of General Skywalker's clothes with sand," Fives said, his grin taking on a more evil shape. 

"Vod, he is going to kill you," Jesse warned. Everyone knew of Anakin's famous hate of sand, which made it a key tool for pranking him. 

 "Yeah," Ahsoka contributed. "Skyguy's never had that much sand during a prank. I agree with Jesse: you'll be lucky if you make it out alive, and that's coming from the person who pranks him at least three times a month."

"When you have zero limbs, don't come to me crying," Kix said, slapping his palm to his forehead. "Out of all of the clone battalions, why did I have to end up with the 501st?" he asked no one in particular.

Rex chuckled, coming up behind her. "And I wonder how I deal with these men," he sighed. She giggled and smiled at Rex, her lekku darkening slightly in a blush. "Do you want to go onto the roof?" he asked her and she nodded.

"Just get me out of here before someone hears the commotion and I get blamed for this, even though Anakin's at an 'important meeting' with Senator Amidala," Ahsoka said and Rex grinned. 

"They are so a couple." Rex took one final look at his troopers before muttering, "This is not going to end well."

"Duh! If he spent as much time as watching over us as he did sneaking off to Naboo for his 'special missions', we would be the best behaved battalion in the GAR. And I agree. This type of thing never ends well."

She and Rex snuck out of the barracks carefully, avoiding Hardcase, who was currently purchasing industrial-sized bags of sand. Rex led her to a ladder behind an almost invisible door, that brought them to the roof of the clone barracks. 

"It's beautiful," Ahsoka gasped as she looked down at the city below. You could see all of Coruscant from here, the pillars of the Jedi Temple, to the rounded top of the Senate Building. Sure there were speeders below, disrupting what could have been a peaceful silence, but it hardly mattered to Ahsoka. 

"Look up," Rex said, gently lifting her chin up. Ahsoka's jaw dropped in amazement. Thousands of twinkling stars shimmered above the city, lighting up the black sky. If all of the lights went out in Coruscant, you would still be able to see by just the light of the stars. 

"How do you know about this place?" she asked him as they both sat down next to each other.

"I come up here just to get away from the boys and relax," Rex replied as Ahsoka yawned. She leaned her head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her, stroking her back lekku gently. 

"Thank you," Ahsoka said truthfully. "It gorgeous up here."

"Not as beautiful as you," Rex said, and Ahsoka looked up in shock. 

"D-Do you mean that?" she stammered, locking her blue eyes with his gold ones. 

"Every single word," Rex said. "Ahsoka, I love you."

"I love you too," she whispered. "I truly love you. I always have, ever since we met."

Ahsoka pushed her lips onto his, and she felt him kiss back as fireworks exploded in her stomach. Rex wrapped his arms around her waist as hers fastened around his neck. They broke off after about a minute or so, and Ahsoka curled back up next to him. 

She yawned as Rex wrapped his arm around her, resting his head on her montrals. As she drifted off to sleep, she heard footsteps coming behind them, and she woke up immediately. They turned to see Fives climbing up the ladder and walking onto the roof.

"Hey, Rex. Hey Commander. The boys were wondering where you- Commander Tano?" Fives said, staring at the pair, his eyes widening in shock. 

"Oh Force," Ahsoka muttered. "Don't tell anyone, Fives. Please." 

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!" Fives cheered. "You finally got together!"

"Wait, what do you mean 'finally'?" Rex asked.

"I mean, it was pretty obvious that you two have feelings for each other," Fives said. 

"Oh kriff," Rex said to Ahsoka. "We are so screwed."

A/N: My favorite ship is Rexsoka, cause I just think they have a really good bond and I don't really like Lux. If you ship Luxsoka, I don't care, I'm just probably not going to write about it. Anyways, I hope it was okay. Art is not mine, all credit goes to the original artist. See ya- EmeraldMoon

EDIT (APRIL 2, 2023): uh... this story is #1 in rexsoka now AND my other book is #2. oh my gosh i love you guys so freaking much. no joke, i'm literally about to cry this is INSANE and it means the absolute WORLD to me. i've had such little motivation to write these days and this is AMAZING. depending on how much i can write on my other story i'm working on right now, there may be some more star wars work in my future, though i make no promises. but for now, i love you so so so so so much. you're the literal best. thanks for the constant support! love, em.