The Duchess of Mandalore

----Just another random story. A bit of rexsoka, but not too much. Anakin Skywalker doesn't turn to the dark side, but the Empire still rules. Padme didn't die, but she and Anakin joined the Rebellion. Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex went missing after the Siege of Mandalore and Order 66 and are presumed dead. ----

Anakin Skywalker braced himself for the imminent death he was facing. The stormtrooper's blaster was close to his head as the former Jedi Knight held his hands on his head. Fellow Jedi Ezra Bridger knelt next to Anakin, with the pair of Mandalorians: Sabine Wren and Fenn Rau. 

"Never thought I'd go out this way," muttered Ezra. "Thought it'd be something much grander."

Sabine gave a humorless laugh. "Quiet!" snapped the stormtrooper, whacking Sabine with the edge of his weapon. Sabine glowered at him with hatred in her almond-shaped hazel eyes. Her home planet was where many of her people had died, Anakin realized. And now it would be her graveyard. 

Several Mandalorians dressed in Imperial armor landed, the roar of their jetpacks over the flat plains deafening. Since the death of Gar Saxon, it was said that his brother was leading the Imperial forces on Mandalore. There were three, with more gathering every passing minute. 

"This grand enough for you?" asked Rau. Anakin let out a humorless chuckle and was whacked by an Imperial Mandalorian. He glared at the white-armored man and tasted the blood in his mouth. 

"Prepare to execute the Jedi and his followers on my command," said the head Imperial Mandalorian. "Ready. Three, two."

Anakin closed his eyes. At least he would see his beloved, mother, and Qui-Gon Jinn again. He felt the tip of the blaster press against his head. It was cold, but nothing like the cold he had felt during the Clone Wars and Palpatine's presence in the Force when he tried to convince Anakin to join the dark side after he revealed himself to be Darth Sidious.

"And execute-" the man was saying as Anakin snapped back into reality.

 The Imperial was cut off with the sound of a blaster firing. A several gold bolts shot through the air, killing the troopers surrounding the rebels. Three Mandalorians landed behind them, their weapons drawn. 

"Get up!" said a man with an oddly familiar voice. He was dressed in blue beskar and held two blasters ready. There was a symbol in the center of his helmet that was shaped like diamonds.  "The duchess is coming."

Anakin nodded and stood, wondering who this "duchess" was. It couldn't be Satine- Obi-Wan had mourned her death for a long time. Bo-Katan, her sister? Possibly. 

Shaking the thoughts away, he grabbed his saber with the Force and ignited the blue blade. Ezra did the same with his green one. He sliced through the stormtrooper's armor easily and shoved a group of them back with the Force. Ezra was currently activating his jetpack. 

"Woah, this thing moves!" he exclaimed as he rose wobbly. 

"Ezra, stay on the ground!" Sabine ordered as she shot up smoother and joined her clan's warriors. 

A group of men and women in jetpacks soared over the barren fields. The lead one was a woman with an oddly shaped helmet. It looked almost like cat ears. The woman carried two blades, one a black as night with curling white tendrils and one that was pure white. She didn't wear the lower half of beskar, but instead, her top flowed into a short skirt and dark pants. (Kinda like Ursa Wren's outfit, but blue and silver instead of gold).

The woman landed with ease and kicked the first stormtrooper in the stomach and slashed two others with her blades. She leapt up into the air, supported by her jetpack and fired two blasts from the beskar on her wrists. 

As Anakin deflected the red blasts from the stormtroopers, he stared in awe as the woman used a knife that sprung from the beskar and sliced through the thin Imperial armor. 

She and another female Mandalorian lunged at a group of Imperial Mandalorians. The second female stabbed the jetpack with her knife violently and sent them flying. The other woman's jetpack stopped to dodge a flurry of blaster bolts, but she leaned back and pushed off. She spun into the crowd of Imperials and slashed through them easily with her twin sabers. 

With the reinforcements, the battle was quickly won. A group of three blue armored Mandalorians soared to the top of the prison complex while Anakin and Sabine began to work their way through the prison registry. 

"There's no one here," Sabine said angrily. "They must have moved him."

Anakin looked at her sympathetically. He knew what it was like to be so close to rescuing a parent only to have them ripped away from his grasp. At least she didn't kill the sandpeople. Anakin told himself. Is that supposed to reassuring? part of his brain asked. The other part did not reply. 

They walked up to the top of the blue-grey prison where Rau and Ezra were waiting. "He's gone," Sabine snapped as if to answer the unsaid question. 

As they thought something to say in the silence, the roar of jetpacks interrupted them. Two women, one man all dressed in shining beskar. The lead woman held a black sword of zipping energy- a form of lightsaber. Her helmet was designed to cover tall montrals that arched above the woman's head. In the center of her helmet was a diamond-like pattern that decorated the helmets of the two other people's. 

"This was a trap set to lure you in," the woman told the rebels. Anakin sensed something familiar about the person. She extinguished the lightsaber and attached it to her belt. "Your mother received this intel but couldn't send word to you. The Empire was jamming all transmissions. I understand she's on her way."

"Who are you?" Sabine asked. It way of replying, the woman removed her helmet. It was a Togruta with glistening blue eyes and diamond white markings. Sabine gasped and knelt. "My lady," she breathed. 

Rau knelt as well, his helmet by his side. "Rise, children of Mandalore," the woman said regally. Anakin realized that this is what a leader truly was. This woman carried her authority as easily as Anakin could lift something with the Force. "Fenn Rau. It is good to see that at least one of the Protectors survived."

"Yes, my duchess. The others were massacred by the Saxon clan," Rau said as he rose. His voice was filled with sadness at the loss of his men.

"The Saxons must be eliminated," hissed the second woman and removed her helmet. She was young, mid-teens and had a long, glistening braid of black hair, white markings on her face, and blue eyes flecked with amber.

"Calm," the man said, removing his helmet as well. It was a familiar face- short blonde hair and amber eyes. 

"Anakin, Ezra, this is Duchess Tano of House Kryze, the royal house. She defeated Maul and was accepted into the house, along with her husband as foundlings. As the holder of the Darksaber, she is the true ruler of Mandalore," Rau said. Tano? Anakin thought in disbelief. The duchess also flinched as his name was mentioned. 

"My name is Ahsoka Tano. This is my husband, Rex Tano. Our daughter, Zia," Ahsoka said. 

"Ahsoka," Anakin breathed in shock. She turned to him, her eyes glistening with tears. 

"Well, Skyguy," she said snippily. Her voice returned to her usual speaking tone, instead of the monotone voice she used as a duchess. "Looks like you finally caught up to me."

With that, she embraced her older brother tightly. "Good to see you again, Snips," he said, returning the hug. "Now, explain to me why you have a husband and a daughter."

Ahsoka just laughed lightly. "Good to have you back, Skyguy."

"You too."

A/N: Sorry for the late update- I'm thinking of wrapping this story up pretty soon. Maybe a May the Fourth special and a follow-up on May the Fifth. This wasn't Anisoka (I do NOT ship them!)- it was mainly centered around their relationship as SIBILINGS. Just making that clear. Comment thoughts or requests!

-EmeraldMoon