Spying ~ Anidala, Obitine, Rexsoka

Anakin Skywalker was tired of climbing around in vents of a ship. Ahsoka, this is your job. he thought angrily. However, his Padawan had other things to do. Probably getting out of the fire of Obi-Wan's anger when he discovered what Anakin was doing.

What was he doing? Spying on his master and the Duchess of Mandalore. Anakin and Ahsoka had agreed that Obi-Wan and Satine were definitely a couple, and they were supposed to discover the truth together, but Ahsoka had told him that she was too tired to crawl through the vents of the Resolute. 

And that was how Anakin had wound up crawling through his own cruiser's air vents in the middle of the night where Obi-Wan and Satine would be wrapping up their dinner.

"A pleasure to see you again, my dear," Obi-Wan was saying as Anakin quietly pressed the record button on his comlink.

"You as well, Obi," Satine replied, smiling. Obi-Wan must be really in love with Satine, Anakin decided, to not sense him. 

Obi-Wan leaned in and pressed a tender kiss to the duchess's cheek and Anakin bit back a gasp. Unfortunately, he forgot to restrain himself from squirming out of the vents and fell on the floor with a loud crash.

"OW!" he yelled as he stood up, his cheek in pain. "Oh, uh, hi, master," he said as Obi-Wan looked at his former Padawan with so much anger, Anakin thought Obi-Wan would turn to the dark side then and there. Satine, on the other hand, was completely horrified.

"ANAKIN SKYWALKER!" Obi-Wan yelled and Anakin desperately tried to run away, but was stopped when Obi-Wan shut the door with a wave of his hand. "Why are you here?"

Anakin didn't even try to lie. "Me and Ahsoka thought that you and Satine were together and then we decided to spy on you but Ahsoka said she had something else to do so I had to climb through the vents and record everything for her," he said without taking a breath.

"I am very disappointed in you, Anakin," Obi-Wan said and Satine nodded, folding her arms over her chest. "Now delete that recording or I'm telling the Council you're married to Padme."

"How did you know about that?" Anakin asked, his head whipping up. Obi-Wan smiled slyly. 

"I convinced R2 and 3-PO to show me," Obi-Wan said smugly. Anakin sighed and visibly deleted the video from his comlink. "Now, what is Ahsoka doing?"

"I don't know," Anakin replied.

"If you are finished talking, I will retire," Satine said and left the room, holding her head high and standing with perfect posture.

"You guys are such a perfect couple," Anakin commented, grinning.

Obi-Wan glowered at Anakin and called Ahsoka. "Ahsoka, come in. This is Kenobi."

"What?" groaned Ahsoka's exhausted voice. "It's 4 AM."

"Where are you?" Obi-Wan asked as hushed whispers filled the comm.

"Should I tell him?" asked Ahsoka.

"I don't know, love," muttered another, male, voice. 

"Uh, Master Kenobi, I'm in my quarters, why?" asked Ahsoka. 

"Nothing, Ahsoka," Obi-Wan said. "Sleep well."

"Something's up," Anakin said immediately. "Come on!" 

Obi-Wan sighed as Anakin dragged him to the hallway and into Ahsoka's quarters. Anakin switched on the light and looked around. The room was empty, the bag that she usually kept beside her bed filled with clothes gone. Anakin looked around frantically for his Padawan, but couldn't find her.

"Ahsoka! AHSOKA!" Anakin called nervously. 

"It's okay, Anakin, we'll just look around. Start in the clone barracks," Obi-Wan said as they walked to it. 

The clones were fast asleep, the door to the private captain and commander quarters. Anakin looked in the commander's quarters, and, once again, it was empty. Anakin groaned and annoyedly marched into Rex's room. 

Rex was asleep, his body shielding something from the view of the two Jedi. He seemed to be alone, but Anakin sensed two life forms in the room at the time. He crept forwards softly and bit back a gasp as he saw what Rex was hiding.

Ahsoka, curled up, her head on his chest and softly purring. "AHSOKA TANO!" Anakin and Obi-Wan yelled at the same time. 

With a yelp, Rex and Ahsoka both shot up, reflexively scooting towards the wall. Ahsoka blushed fiercely and Rex went deathly pale. "Kriff, kriff, kriff," Ahsoka muttered. 

"What is going on?" Anakin demanded. 

"Isn't that kinda obvious?" Ahsoka asked snippily and Rex rolled his eyes.

"It looks like you're with my captain," Anakin said. "Tell me this isn't true."

"First of all, he's my captain, and it is," Ahsoka said, grinning. "But Obi-Wan's with Satine and you're married to Padme."

"We... have a lot to explain. First of all, Senator Amidala and I are just friends."

Rex leaned in and murmured to Ahsoka, "It's gonna be a long night."

A/N: Alright, not my best, but I just took a break and I need a bit more time to get back into my usual writing technique, but I hope to be better soon. Also, when you watch the Bad Batch 2nd trailer, is it just me or does that kid (Omega) have a Nightsister bow? Tell me what you think!

-EmeraldMoon