Orders~ Foxiyo

Fox was shaken from what he had just done. Fives was right there and he had just shot him. His brother. But he had orders, directly from the Chancellor himself. He had to follow orders. A good soldier follows orders. he told himself whenever he doubted himself. Your duty is to the Republic. He was a clone and he was made to serve for a higher purpose. That was his job and he would give his life to defend it. Fox had never faced death before, but he wondered, would he give his life for the Republic- something that thought he was expendable and something that thought he was just like thousands of other people fighting in the army?

"Commander Fox, Chancellor Palpatine is waiting for you," said one of the blue-armored Senate Guards, jolting the clone commander out of his thoughts. Fox nodded and the guard opened the door into the Chancellor's office, before closing it with an echo. Fox's guard instinctively went up. The Speaker stood next to Palpatine, his fierce gaze chilling Fox to the bone.

"Commander Fox, so good to see you," Palpatine said, walking over to the clone. "I heard your task was a success." Palpatine's voice should have put him at ease, as it usually did, but Fox could hear a hint of malice lacing the Chancellor's voice.

"Yes, Chancellor," Fox said, his voice heavy. "ARC trooper 5555 has been eliminated."

"Well done. I knew I could trust you to complete the job. We could not have that mad clone rampaging around, trying to destroy political leaders of the Republic. I am sure it was only a matter of time before he began to target others, such as Senator Chuchi," the Chancellor said carefully. It seemed he always knew what to say, and it made Fox's skin crawl.

Fox flinched at Riyo's name. "Of course, Chancellor," Fox said, bowing his head.

"Now, please leave us. I have a very important bill to present to the Senate tomorrow," Palpatine said, gesturing for him to leave.

"Yes sir," Fox said, leaving the leader of the Senate alone. He went to the elevator, but turned around as soon as he had stepped inside.

"Are you coming, sir?" asked another member of the Coruscant Guard as Fox left the elevator. 

"Yes, but I must do one thing before," Fox said, turning to walk down the halls of the Senate Building and turned, before knocking softly on a door.

"Come in," said the soft Pantoran-accented voice of Riyo Chuchi. Fox spotted Riyo and he felt relieved. She was safe and alright. At least one thing Palpatine said was true. Fox thought.

Fox collapsed into her arms. He let his tears flow freely as the full weight of what he had just done fell on him. She caught him and held him steadily.

"Shh," Riyo said softly. Her pale white-violet hair was loose, but still had her gold diamond headpieces in. She was dressed in a dark indigo nightdress made of hand-sewn Pantoran fabric with small swirls on it. She led him over to her bed and stroked his hair as he rested his head on her chest. "What happened?" she asked, taking his pale hand in her smooth violet one.

"You know the clone- the one that tried to kill the Chancellor?" Fox asked, his voice breaking slightly as he gripped her hand tighter.

"Yes? What happened?" she said quietly, resting her head on his.

"The Chancellor told me to kill him a-and I did. I-I just shot him there, even as he told me to get away from him," he admitted as Riyo flinched in shock. "I just knew I had to follow orders."

"Listen to me, Fox. Never follow orders if you know they're wrong." Riyo said. "I've done that before- following orders when I knew they were wrong. It was horrible. Promise me, Fox."

"For you, Riyo, anything," Fox said truthfully.

"Thank you, Fox," Riyo whispered, kissing his forehead as Fox fell asleep in her arms.

--One week later--

Fox stood outside the Senate Building, watching as Riyo exited it for the last time. Her handmaiden stood behind her, and handed Riyo her bags, as she turned towards Fox. 

"I'll miss you, Lady Chuchi," the handmaiden said.

"You too," Riyo said, turning around and embracing her. The handmaiden left, leaving the pair alone.

"Are you ready Fox?" she asked, taking his hand and leaning her head on his shoulder. She didn't wear any formal clothing, just a high-collared pink top with small gold designs and black pants. Fox wore a simple beige shirt and black pants, as he had left his armor in his quarters.

"For a future you with? Always," Fox said, kissing the top of her head. They boarded a silver Pantoran ship and it zipped away, carrying the two lovers away from Coruscant, and away from the war, and away from everything that had ever kept them apart- oaths, rank, and duties.

After that night, Fox had sworn to never kill again. Riyo had decided to give up her political position to spend the rest of her life with him. They were headed to Pantora to live safely, thanks to the Pantoran chairman, who was still indebted to Riyo for saving his daughters. Their new life would be safe and neither would have to fear for their life again.

As they left Coruscant's atmosphere and prepared to make the jump to lightspeed, Fox looked down one last time on the planet he had rarely left, down at his brothers that were too far away too see, and then looked towards the woman he loved with all his heart, and knew that, for the first time, he was finally making his own decision. And he knew that it was the right one.

A/N: I know Fox gets a lot hate because he killed Fives, and I honestly don't like him too, but I like to think that he regretted what he did. I also like to think that he had someone there to comfort him, and Riyo Chuchi is kind, and balances him out. Also, Riyo doesn't get a lot of screentime, and neither does Fox, so they could have a relationship on the side. But that's just my thinking.

Question: Who is your favorite: Jyn, Leia, Padme, or Rey?

Bye! -EmeraldMoon