Wedding Bells

----Palpatine was killed before he could execute Order 66, ending the Clone Wars. Attachments were allowed for all Jedi and the clones were allowed to leave the army and start new lives or stay in the GAR.----

----After the end of the Clone Wars, Anakin was granted the rank of master, and Ahsoka was knighted. Anakin and Padme had a public renewing of their vows, Obi-Wan and Satine were married, Bly and Aayla renewed their vows, Fives and Shaak Ti started dating, as well as Ahsoka and Rex.----

"Are you ready?" asked Ahsoka as she and Rex stood outside the entrance to the clone barracks, ready to break the news to Anakin and the clones. Rex inhaled sharply and nodded. Ahsoka walked inside first, followed by Rex.

The main room of the clone barracks had several couches and a large table that was usually covered with food and Sabacc cards. Anakin was casually talking with Cody while Fives, Hardcase, and Echo were playing Sabacc. "Sabacc!" Hardcase yelled triumphantly, taking a handful of chips from the stack as he threw his cards down in a flourish. Echo groaned and tossed his cards aside. 

Barriss was curled up on one of the couches, watching a show on the HoloNet with Leia, braiding her brown hair. The Mirialan wound the braid around her head and roughly secured it with a clip. Luke was fast asleep, his arms wrapped around a pillow and his head almost buried under a grey blanket.

"Hey, Ahsoka," Anakin said, looking up from his talk with Cody. He immediately sensed something was up. "What's wrong? Did someone do this to you? Who?" said Anakin. He voice had taken on a more angry tone. His overprotective-father emotion had clearly kicked in and it had become more intense now that he was a loving father to twins himself. 

Ahsoka sat down, pulling her knees to her chest and she looked up. "I have an announcement to make," she said. "Rex and I..." she trailed off with a shaky breath. 

"What. Did. You. Do?" growled Anakin and Rex genuinely looked scared for his life. Ahsoka held up her hand to stop Anakin from lunging at Rex and regained her ability to speak again. 

"We're not dating anymore," Ahsoka said. Fives loudly dropped the small number chips that he'd won playing Sabacc onto the floor. 

"But you were perfect for each other!!" cried Fives, dramatically sinking to his knees and looking up at the sky, his hands in fists. "WHY??!!! OH WHY?!!??!!"

Barriss walked up from the couch, gently tucking Leia in next to her brother. She nodded to an empty spot in the barracks so she could speak with her friend in private. "Ahsoka, what happened?" Barriss asked. 

Ahsoka smiled slyly and yawned, placing a hand over her mouth as she did so. The glimmering diamond ring on her finger caught the light and Barriss's mouth dropped wide open. "You're kidding." she said seriously. 

"Nope," Ahsoka said, now actually grinning. "All real."

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations!" Barriss cried, embracing Ahsoka tightly. The chaos immediately stopped and everyone looked at the friends awkwardly.

"Barriss, how are you happy? Ahsoka and Rex just broke up and you're celebrating?" Fives asked, glaring at her angrily. 

"Key words: we are no longer dating. I never said we broke up," Ahsoka said snippily, walking up towards Rex and kissing his cheek. Rex leaned his head on her montrals and wrapped his arm around her.

"Wait... not dating... still in love..." Fives muttered under his breath, putting the pieces together. "HOLY KRIFF!" yelled Fives and launched himself at Rex in a tight embrace. Rex staggered back by the sheer impact as Ahsoka laughed.