Wedding Bells Part II

Lux Bonteri stood in the corner of a senate party. Unfortunately for him, no one wanted to talk to the young senator from Onderon. He casually sipped his drink, fidgeting with the silk cuffs on his elaborate embroidered dark blue suit. 

"Hello, Senator Taa," Lux said, trying to start a conversation with the Twi'lek. He was accompanied by the two Twi'lek women who were his assistants and was dressed in a dark robes made from dark fabric.

"Ah, Senator Bonteri! Did you try the fried Nuna legs?" he asked in his typical sluggish voice. Always interested in food. Lux thought, rolling his eyes. 

"No," he said, hiding the disgust in his voice. "But I will, definitely."

"Ah, a pleasure to see you, Padme," came another voice. Onoconda Farr was standing next to Bail Organa and Mon Mothma and greeted the Nubian senator. Padme was dressed in a purple gown and a silver hairpiece. Her arm was linked with her husband's, Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker. Lux's interest sparked. Wherever Skywalker was, Ahsoka couldn't be far behind.

He loved that Togruta, ever since they had met on Raxus with Padme and his mother. He flashed back to their time on Carlac with Death Watch. The way he had been so insistent that she was his betrothed and when he had kissed her for the first time. 

"Lux? Lux Bonteri?" Ahsoka Tano's voice knocked him out of his daydreams. 

"A-Ahsoka?" he asked. She was so much older, dressed in a dark purple gown and her fingers adorned with jewelry. Her montrals were nearing the end of their development and she looked beautiful in bright light. "It's been a while."

"Yeah," she said, smiling. She casually sipped her drink and her eyes flickered around the room, looking for something or someone. 

"How are things with you?" he asked nervously. His voice had risen almost an octave out of nervousness and he could have sworn that she was laughing.

"Same old, same old. I'm still part of the Jedi Order- I rejoined after the Siege of Mandalore. Anakin convinced me to," Ahsoka said, waving at the Jedi Master. Anakin smiled and waved back at her, before turning back to him and Padme's conversation with Senator Farr. 

"And the Jedi are allowed attachments now, right?" Lux asked hopefully. 

"Yes," Ahsoka said warily. 

"Soka?" asked a voice behind Lux. "Senator Bonteri."

A man with- no a clone- there was a difference between a human and a clone, Lux reminded himself. Clones were Kaminoan property and should be soldiers, not regular citizens. The clone had short blonde hair and was dressed in a suit. 

"Oh, hey, Rex," Ahsoka said as he walked over to her. "Lux, this is Rex. He was my Captain during the Clone Wars."

Rex shared a smile with her and Ahsoka stood up on the tips of her toes so she could.... kiss him? Lux had to set down his glass shakily to prevent himself from dropping it. "We got married two months ago," Ahsoka explained, showing off the twin rings on her finger.

"T-That's wonderful," Lux said as he regained his composure quickly. "Congratulations!"

Ahsoka smiled and took Rex's hand, sharing another brief kiss and walked off past Lux. Lux's heart dropped. He hated that clone. He was going to get Ahsoka, married or not.

Ahsoka grinned at her husband. They knew about Lux's feelings for her. "He's gonna try to win you over, Soka," Rex said as they swayed together on the dance floor. Ahsoka had her head resting on his chest and his chin was in between her montrals. 

"But he can't," Ahsoka said. "Because I'm with the person I'm supposed to be with." She smiled and pressed her forehead to his. "Rex. You are the only one for me. You are my sadness and my hope. But mostly, you're my love. Rex, you are my soulmate for my entire life. You always have been. And you always be."

A/N:

Okay, this is my last one-shot. Thank you for everyone who has supported me throughout this book. It means a lot to me just to know that people really like my writing. Special shoutout to @YellowCamel939 who has been such an amazing supporter of my work. Thank you all. Happy Revenge of the Fifth!

-EmeraldMoon