Safe ~ Rexsoka

Rex holstered his blasters as Ahsoka extinguished her lightsabers and looked around at the field of droid bodies that littered the corridor. He heard a slight creaking behind him, and before he could see what it was, he heard Ahsoka yell. 

"Rex!" she cried and threw herself in front of him. A single blaster shot sounded. Ahsoka crumpled to the ground, a smoking hole in her stomach. Rex blasted the droid several times in the head and sunk to his knees to hold her close. 

"Come on, Ahsoka, please don't go," he begged, picking her up in his arms and ripping his helmet off, before throwing it behind him. "Cyare, please."

"What does it mean?" she asked weakly. Rex closed his eyes, fighting the floodgates of tears that were so close to being open. A single tear slid down his cheek as he remembered. His nickname for her ever since he had accidentally called her that after the Mon Cala mission. After he had finally admitted to himself that he loved the Jedi. 

"I can't imagine in a world without you," Rex said softly, the words coming directly from his heart, as stared at him with her bright blue eyes. 

"What does it mean?" she persisted. Her breathing was shaky and her entire body trembling. 

"It- It means that I love you," he admitted softly. Ahsoka blinked in shock, before gasping for air as she began to loose blood rapidly. 

Rex immediately attempted to stop the blood as he fumbled for his comm. "I'll get Kix," he promised desperately. "You'll be okay."

"It's too late," she breathed. "I want to tell you that-" she was cut off by a cough. Tears rolled down Rex's cheek- it was too late to stop them. 

"No, it's not too late," he begged as she weakly pulled the comm from his wrist and crushed it. "Ahsoka, why-?"

"Listen to me, Rex. I love you so much. Force, I've loved you since as long as I can remember. But I have to go now," she whispered, holding her hand to his cheek. He gripped it and leaned into her touch. She sat up, still trembling, and her lips brushed his for a moment. 

"I don't want to loose you, cyare. I need you," he said quietly, gently running his hands over her lekku. He was still partially in shock from the kiss, but he had to remain focused. He pulled her into his chest, her heartbeat steadily slowing. "Please don't leave me."

"I'll see you again- I know I will. But please, hold on. Wait and I will see you- I promise," she said quietly, already drifting off. 

"Ahsoka, no!" he begged. "Don't go, love, please. Don't leave me, Soka."

"Let go, Rex," Ahsoka whispered as his arms trembled. "You know I have to go, love. Let go."

"I-I can't," he admitted, pressing his lips to her hand as it slowly slipped out of his grasp. "I-I'm not strong enough to loose you."

"I love you Rex," she breathed, inhaling shakily. As her heart was slowing to a stop. "I have and I always will...."

She trailed off, taking her final breath as her hand went limp in Rex's hands. "No, come back. Please. Ahsoka, come back, I need you. I need you." he begged, gently shaking her. "Please be a nightmare," he begged. It was a nightmare.

But as he saw her body, perfectly still, he knew what it really was. A nightmare that would never end. One that he couldn't escape.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cody sprinted down the hallways where Rex and Ahsoka had disappeared. He nearly tripped over a helmet with jaig eyes and he went cold. Fearing the worst, he dashed forwards, yelling. "Rex! Commander Tano! Rex!" he cried, before spotting his brother. 

Rex was hunched over, tears rolling down his cheeks. Cody's heart dropped as he saw the limp body of Ahsoka Tano. He knew how much his vod had loved her. 

Cody wrapped Rex in his arms. It wasn't Ahsoka, but it would help. "She's gone, Cody," Rex sobbed as Cody embraced his brother. "She's gone." There wasn't anything Cody could say to Rex, just hug his brother as clones did. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Togruta Jedi wasn't buried in the Jedi Temple, like the others. The clones had decided to hold their own funeral using their own rituals instead of the Jedi's. Only several her closest brothers were invited, as well as the four Jedi she was closest to, and two senators. 

The clone who loved her watched, his face shielded from view. The Togruta's master stood beside him, his brother on his other side. His brother's hand rested on the Mirialan who had been the Togruta's best friend's shoulder as the Mirialan mourned the loss of her friend.

The Togruta was shown as they all bowed their heads and remained in silence. Her body lay in an open silver coffin, silk so dark blue it was almost black lining the coffin.

She was in a long blue gown, her eyes closed and hands folded over her stomach. Flowers were wrapped around her montrals, showing only gaps of her blue and white lekkus. More flowers native to Shili surrounded her, their soft petals brushing her face and skin. 

Tears rolled down the clone's cheek as the Naboo senator gently soothed the fallen Jedi's master, taking his hand. The Kel Dor and the girl's grandmaster exchanged sorrowful glances and the Pantoran senator let a single tear slide down. 

"I'm sorry, vod," the clone's brother said quietly. The clone said nothing, getting lost in his thoughts. He begged for her to come home to him. But it was impossible. Hold on. he told himself. It was what she wanted. Hold on. 

She was safe. Safe from the war, safe from everyone that would do her harm. No one would ever take her place in her heart- no one ever could and ever would. The clone would never fully recover from the loss of the woman he loved, but he could remind himself that his cyare was safe. 

Ahsoka's gown:

A/N: Just a short one

A/N: Just a short one. Might have been sad- I don't know if I can do sad well yet. Did you like the end or not? I might write some endings like that if you liked it. Comments thoughts/requests please! 

Who would a better parent/adult figure for Luke and Leia (if everything was happy)- Padme or Anakin? I think Padme. I think Anakin would be very overprotective of the twins and Padme would be more caring and probably a good role model for Leia's future. 

-EmeraldMoon