Chapter 1- Ice

EDITED

--Ice-- (this whole book contains violence- you've been warned)

I sniff the air, one of the others must have caught something because I can smell blood. I take off on all fours towards the smell. I have my siblings following me, wondering where I'm going. I don't know why but I have a better sense of smell and better hearing then these cats which makes no sense because I'm not a cat.

I don't know what I am. I can walk on two feet easy enough, I don't have fur all over like them, my fur grows in small amounts so I get really cold in the winter. It took me at least 2 winters to learn how to talk like them, I kept gurgling and said stuff from another language. Or thats what I'm told.

I skid to a stop in front of a carcass. I think its from one of the people who walk around here. Nala, my adoptive mother, is munching on one of the arms. I approach slowly, careful not to disturb her while I swipe a foot. Amber inches alongside me, wanting a taste of her own.

She snaps a twig and I freeze. She has got to be the loudest cat I have ever met. Nala raises her head to face us and instantly realises what's happening.

She jumps to her feet with a growl and pounces on me. Nala slashes at me with her claws outstreached. I try to dodge but she has me pinned to the ground so I get a good swipe on the cheek. I let out a yelp of pain and throw her off of me getting to my feet. We circle each other, daring the other to look away or srike first. Out of the corner of my eye I see Amber edging towards the body.

I stare Nala in the eye before jumping at Amber. Nala notices how close Amber is and dives for her leg. I quickly jump off so I don't get another injury, take a hunk of the leg and run.

My four legs pound on the jungle floor, putting as much distance between me and the fight as possible. Eventually I see the waterfall. Walking through the pounding water wall is easier done then said. Once inside my cave I start eating. I ended up taking more then I expected, almost the whole thigh.

I'm gonna pay for that later.

-----

I was right. Not long after I finished did an outraged Nala burst into my cave.

This is my territory I growl at her. She should know better then to eat a meal on unclaimed land.

But you stole my lunch! She snaps, baring her canines. I give her a look, that look.

Unclaimed land, it was a free for all I snarl back. She knows she's in the wrong but pounces anyway.

We roll around on the hard rock floor before I get a good swipe at her shoulder. She goes down easy after that, a few more hits in the face and she submits.

I have taught you well, but I will get you for this. You better watch your back She limps back out of the cave, leaving me with my thoughts.

She has taught me well if I'm able to beat her in a fight. She was the one to teach all of us, except most didn't pay attention like I did. Out of the 3 of us, I'm the only one who can take Nala on in a fight and have a chance at winning.

While I think I notice a sharp pain in my back. I cry out in a very uncat-like way before my whole body starts to shake.

Hello!!! I hope you like this insight to Ice's life, any comments? Thoughts? Please vote, even if you only kinda liked this chapter.

-Wolfy