Chapter 8- Ryder

EDITED

--Ryder--

I tried to sneak out that night but was stopped by my dad sitting on the couch. I know he heard me, he didn't say anything though. I crept back to my room before he could. And now, 2 years later, I still wonder how she is and what she's doing. Is she with the 3 g's? Has she moved somewhere else? Is she even alive? Since I'm only 15 and haven't shifted yet I have to wait for another year before I can visit because then I can 'defend' myself. They don't understand I've been taking defense classes for the last 2 years.

Once again I look through my notebook at all the stuff I did, how many times I escaped death by climbing a tree. Mum and Dad still don't believe me when I say Peace was the shifter cat, they think its some other person with a genetic malfunction. I'm starting to hate them actually. When I told Dad about the eyes he went and burned every photo he had of her, not knowing that I have one of my own.

It's from when she was about 4 months old, little black tufts curling from her head, her ice blue eyes smiling at the camera, she looks so carefree in the photo yet when I last saw her she was hostile and tense. I wish she could be like that now, not caring about whether she was going to have to kill someone to eat at night.

I roll over and try for sleep.

Her laugh filters through the house, eyes soft. Dad continues to tell her about the time he threw a pie at someone. One look in her icy eyes and you know she's happy. Her wolf is the stern one or so she says.

"Ryder, come join us," she motions to the couch beside her. I quickly take the seat as she starts her own story- this one about her friends getting kicked out at K-Mart. Dad and I laugh along with her, I mean who curls into a ball and says their a potato?

We joke around for hours, unable to breathe most of the time. Eventually though we get sent to bed. The house is silent once I climb under the covers, too silent. Something's wrong. I can feel it in my gut. A scream erupts from the room next door. I jump out of bed and rush over to the pink room beside mine. I'm shocked by what I see.

A midnight black panther is holding a little baby girl in her teeth, the baby hisses when she sees me. My eyes flick to the cats forest green ones before she jumps out the window.

I jump awake. My heat racing and my head spinning. I keep having that dream and when I wake up it's stuck to my eyelids. I don't get it, why is the green cat stealing her? From what I saw she was the most affectionate out of the 3.

I sigh and lie my head on the pillow. Willing for sleep to come soon.

Over 100 veiws! Omg, you guys are so cool! I love you all even if I don't know you! This is a celebratory chapter and I hoped you enjoyed it.

I now have a Wattpad email that I'll check every few days. It's wattyatethemouse@outlook.co.nz

Super cool right? Also, I might not check it all the time but I'm always on Wattpad so if you send me something could you message me to say you've sent something? It would help a lot.

Thanks and remember to send in your work!

-Wolfy