Chapter 33- Ice

EDITED

--Ice--

He took me to a weird box thing and lay me on an oddly shaped seat before running around the other side and getting in as well. He wraps a peice of material around his waist and looks to me expectantly.

"I'm not going until you put on your seatbelt," he says. I frown in confusion.

"Whats a seatbelt?" I ask, feeling dumb.

"You don't know- never mind, I forgot. Here," he grabs a peice of fabric similar to the one around him and wraps it around me.

"So that is a seatbelt and we are in a car," he asnwers my next question. I sit in silence, well, until a loud roar breaks the silence.

I scream and recoil, looking around for the cause of the sound which hasn't yet stopped, almost as if the thing doesn't need to breathe. Hunter laughs beside me. My head whips around to face him, anger written across my features.

"What?" I ask, on the verge of shouting.

"Nothing, nothing. But you don't need to freak out, the noise is just the car," he says, supressing another laugh.

Ice! Where are you? What the- Raven starts in my head.

I'm fine Raven, I needed to stop Hunter from killing Ryder and the only way to do that was by going with him to his house. I would have said no but he had a claw to his throat I answer.

I hear her sigh but she doesn't say anything else. Thats when I realise we're moving- without using our legs. I grip whatever it is I find first as hard as I can, almost breaking it.

"Hey! No need to break the armrest! Geez," Hunter exclaims. I release my grip on the 'armrest' almost instantly.

"Sorry, I don't like this," I whisper. And I'm being honest. I don't like moving without knowing I'm making myself move. I don't notice the single tear that rolls down my face.

"Hey, you don't need to cry sweetheart. Everything's going to be alright," he coos. I nod but another tear falls, "what's wrong?" He asks.

"Life. That's what's wrong. I hate mine, Nala's dead and I haven't had time to get over it. Ryder was almost killed by you. Raven tells me your my mate and we're supposed to be in love and have Cubs. Amber and Trixie hate me. And now I'm just supposed to leave all these holes in my life to go somewhere random to be your, what did you call it.... Luna, just leave to do something- I don't even know what I'm supposed to do! I'm not ready for any of this," I sob. I'm still surprised at how well I'm suddenly able to speak.

You have always known how to speak English, it's just taken some time to find your voice Raven whispers in my head. I nod in understanding, that sounds like it could be right.

"I know this must be hard but could you uh, try to make the best of it?" He asks. I sigh and nod, noticing he's not very good at comforting people.

"Why do you need me anyway?" I wonder aloud. The feeling of talking is so strange, so surreal.

"Because your my mate. Only very few wolves don't have mates and that's only because they are already marked, are human or are dead. And even fewer of those are alphas like me- an alpha needs his Luna to be able to run the pack, in my case your the Luna. Meaning I need you to make me complete," he answers on the verge of a rant.

"What does a Luna do?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me. Damn that curiosity- must remember what killed Harold.

"A Luna.... A Luna takes care of the pups, she is kind and caring and sweet. She can command others yet obey them. Not many are fighters but I've heard they can be stubborn. And from what I can tell so far, your all of those," he says and I feel heat rush to my cheeks, using my long hair to cover my face.

"And an alpha?" I ask to distract him.

"An alpha is strong, leads others, runs the pack, and is a good mate I guess. Or, that's what the stereotypes say. I think an alpha is supposed to be just like a Luna except the male version. Weird I know, but it's just what I think," he explains. I nod once again and let silence fall over the 'car'.

--------------

We stop. The initial fear of moving without moving subsided ages ago but now I feel empty without the noise around me. I've never felt this hollow in my life before, normally there's the noise of the jungle surrounding me all the time.

Hunter jumps out of the car and comes around to the side I'm on. I watch in astonishment as he pulls something and a door opens, letting me out. I hurriedly try to move away but the seatbelt holds me back, I listen to his laughter. He reaches across me and the seatbelt releases.

"I'll show you how to work one sometime," he says with a smile and I can't help but think he looks cute.

Is it weird to think it wasn't long ago that he had this crazy look in his eye, like he would kill everyone on earth? And now he's smiling and laughing, no traces of the crazy side anywhere.

This time when I get out I succeed. I kinda stand there awkwardly, I want to get on all 4's and dash around but I think that would be kinda rude so I wait for Hunter to show me inside and this time I take in the beauty of the building before me.

Yay! We're almost finished! Only a few chapters then the epilogue! I hope you guys are liking the book and as promised, in a few days I'll be editing. Sorry in advance for blowing up your notifications next week!

-Wolfy