Chapter 23- Ice

EDITED

--Ice--

Something that resembles food is thrown into my miniature cave. I back away from the pile of gloop, snarling. My back hits the transparent entrance, quickly moving away from it. I look at my back to find a huge red burn.

A click makes its way towards me, making me turn. Three walkers approach, two of them tall and really fat with no fur whatsoever. A smaller walker is in between them. It has a yellow bob on its head, amber eyes seeing every detail of the confined space.

Amber... I miss them. I have no idea what their doing right now. Are they looking for me? Are they mourning yet another loss? Are they still in the jungle? Or has one of them moved?

The entrance opens, letting the yellow person inside. I hiss and lash out, my nail scraping its arm. It cries out.

Who are they? And what do they want? I scream at Raven.

They are people. The ones with no hair are men and the blonde one is a woman she answers.

And what do they want! I shout. I might be freaking out as to why I'm here...

One second... They want to teach you their ways. I'd say it's safer to do what they want, they look dangerous she warns.

I growl. I am perfectly fine with my ways why do I need to know theirs! I want to scream that to Raven but the men are fast approaching. They have some sort of silver stick that has an evil shine to it. My back hits a wall, scraping my burn. I howl at the fire that licks my lower back.

One of the men try to grab my arm. I shy away from his touch, bumping into the other one.

Raven I shout into my head, a little help please?

Is that what I think it is? Oh no. Ice, I need you to do whatever they say. Don't try to shift either, it won't work. Please listen to me Ice! She screams at me. I nod even though I don't think she can see.

I bow my head and fall limp to the ground, hoping they'll get the message. The two men share a look before I feel the stick pierce my skin. I can feel something enter my bloodstream, it's cold but makes an unimaginable heat shoot through my limbs. I sigh, and for some weird reason darkness enters my vision.

---------------
My eyes flutter open to reveal a strange and foreign space. It's green like my jungle, trees surround me. I cautiously walk towards the closest rock, only to bump into something before I get there. Something laughs behind me.

My head whips round to reveal the woman from before. The men no where in sight. I want to claw her eyes out but remember what Raven told me- to co-operate.

What do you want with me? I snarl. She looks confused. I sigh and sit in front of her like a good kitty. I lower my head, telling her she is dominant here.

She grabs a- a... I don't even know what that is. It's flat, sharp corners, 4 perfectly straight sides, what its made out of I have no idea. The lady opens the flat thing and points to something colourful while talking in that stupid language that I don't understand. Maybe if I ask nicely it will teach me.

I ignore what she's saying and ask this question only to get silence in response. I sit and wait. She waits as well, giving up after about 10 paw stamps. Again she points to the colourful flat thing in her hand and once again she says something.

I study the way her lips move, watching every twitch and every curve. Slowly I move my mouth in the same way, in silence of course. She smiles, something light and happy. Joyful even.

She keeps repeating while I test out this new way of moving my mouth. She adds vocals and I follow what she's doing, adding my own voice. A weird sound, something like what she's doing, escapes from my lips making me stiffen, expecting Nala or Trixie or Amber to walk in through a secret entrance and murder me. No one enters.

The lady, I'm gonna call her Goldenrod, pats my head like I'm one of those animals the walkers take out. Every instinct is telling me to move away from the touch, to run away but for some reason I don't. I stay in place and let Goldenrods touch caress my head.

I wonder what I just said means, if it means anything. I wonder how I'm going to find out. My eyes flick to the colourful thing in Goldenrods hand. I study the image for a long time before it hits me.

It's the tall blue thing, the house.

Go Peace! Learning already, such a good kitty. Remember to send in any art work you guys do!

-Wolfy