Chapter 35- Ice

EDITED

--Ice--

It's huge. A massive structure that looms over me. Someone grabs my hand and starts pulling me off of the pebbled... Area, I guess, and towards the 'house'.

"Wow," I sigh in shock. Not actual shock otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk or anything- you know what, never mind.

"Wow what?" Hunter asks confused.

"This," I say waving my hand at the house. He chuckles.

"Come on. I'll show you to our room, then you can meet my beta. I think you'll like her," he says, dragging me the rest of the way inside.

Through the door is a large room- Katharine taught me that word- with a high ceiling- more of Katharine's teachings. The floor is white, the walls a shiny red-brown colour. There are doors scattered around the space and a huge wooden thing that towers over us. I stare at everything in awe.

"Up the stairs we go," Hunter says rather excitedly. We start making our way up the stairs.

I'm lead up the stairs and down a series of long, narrow rooms before running into Hunters back when he stops outside a door. I look at it curiously.

"What-" I start but am cut off as the door swings open.

On the other side of the door is another room. The walls are a light green colour, the blankets hanging from the door on the other side of the room a nice, dark green leaf pattern. It's amazing. I can't believe my eyes, they have to be lying. I'm sure Hunter hears my intake of breath.

"This is our room. I hope you like it," he whispers near my ear. I feel his arms wrap around my waist.

Heat rises to my cheeks at the touch. What the heck? This has never happened before because of someone touching me. Cold, yes. Heat, yes. Exhaustion, yes. Touch, not until now. Weird...

"It's-" I start but don't know the right word to explain this beauty, this magnificence.

I shake my head and turn in Hunter's arms to face him, a grin on my face. He smiles lovingly down at me. Much like I remember Nala and Harold looking at each other when Harold was alive.

Hunter looks down at my lips and sighs, "you have no idea how much I want you right now."

"But I'm right here," I frown, confused.

He chuckles and stares at my lips before slowly leaning down. He gently let his lips brush mine and I stand there shocked. Well, not literally shocked otherwise I wouldn't be able to- I'm not even gonna explain it again. He moves away, chuckling.

"Wha-what was that?" I ask, shocked by the gesture.

"A kiss," he answers, resting his forehead on mine. I smile as I pull away, looking around again.

"HUNTER!" A female voice shouts, barging into the room. A redhead walks in, she has bright sea green eyes, and long hair. She's tall as well, about a paw taller then me. Hunter growls lowly.

"What is it Taylor?" He groans, moving away from me.

"Is this her?" She asks excitedly, her eyes shining with curiosity. I step forward, ignoring Hunter.

"Hello. My name is Ice," I smile, holding my hand out. Thank you Kathrine! The girl- Taylor- smiles back and takes my hand.

"Taylor," she answers, "you have to come meet Shaun! And Jessica! And Marty!"

She runs out of the room, squealing. I slip out of Hunter's arms, curiously following the excited girl to a new room down the hallway.

It's big. There's another.... What did the man call it? Cooch? Cauch?... Couch! There's another couch in front of a big, black, box-y thing. Strange pictures are spread across the yellow walls. My foot touches the weird, grey, stuff that lines the floor. There's a wooden block in the middle of the room, three people surrounding it. I'm guessing they hear the thump of Taylor's footsteps.

"Hey Tay," a small, darker skinned girl with black hair greets, not bothering to look up from her cards. Weird... I thought she'd know how to speak by now...

"We'll deal you in next round," a boy says, also not looking up from his cards. He looks like he'd be tall if he stood. He's got an almost yellow kinda hair that falls past his eyes. I don't know what kind of skin he has because he's facing the wrong way.

The last person looks up to greet Taylor. He's brunette, a little bit of yellow creeping into his short mane of fur- ahem, hair. His eyes are a strange, glowing green and his skin is pale.

"Who- is that? No. I'm hallucinating. She ran aw- TAYLOR!" The boy shouts, throwing his learning cards onto the block- I mean table.

I get down, standing how I normally would around Amber and Trixie. My lips slowly curl into a snarl, the growl just waiting for one more move before coming out. The other two turn around to see what's going on. Their eyes don't find mine as they look at Taylor. I hear footsteps behind me.

"Now look what you've done Shaun!" Taylor retorts, pointing at me on the ground. I let the growl loose. It's not big, a mere warning compared to what I can do. I dig my hands into the ground, preparing to defend myself in this strange room filled with strange people.

Hands start rubbing what I assume is squares in my back. Or was it circles.... Or triangles..... There are too many shapes in this world! Anyway, the hands, obviously, belong to Hunter. My tense shoulders involuntarily relax under his soothing touch. I sigh as I sit down. Then I remember the uncomfortable clothing I'm in.

I whine and look up to Hunter, "can me change?"

"You meet friends then you change," he laughs, bending down to rub his finger over my cheek. I feel the heat in them again.

"But I don't like these!" I whine, pointing at the pieces of fabric that are covering my entire body, leaving almost no breathing room.

"Too bad sweetie," he mumbles, standing up. There's a cough behind us.

Everyone is staring. Not at us. Not at Hunter. Just me.

"Woah! Your English is so good! I thought you'd barely understand us!" Taylor gasps, her hands on her mouth. I tilt my head to the side, cautiously inspecting her.

"Wait- this is her? I thought she ran dude! How is she here? Wait- never mind. Hello, my, name, is, Shaun," the strange eyed boy greets, introducing himself slowly while holding his hand out. I stare at it, puzzled. Slowly he retracts his hand.

"Hunter," the other girl warns, her grey eyes staring at me in awe, "who is this? Why is she in the pack house? How come Tay and Shay know who she is? What's up with her accent? Why does she speak weird? How come she's sitting like that? Why does she look-"

"Jasmine! Don't be rude!" The last boy scolds, elbowing 'Jasmine' in the ribs. I wince, knowing from experience how much that can hurt if you've got broken ribs.

"Guys, this is Pea- sorry, Ice," he introduces, "Ice this is-"

I cut him off with my voice, "I am Peace. No longer Ice, that's old, cat name."

Go Peace! I am so happy for her! Finally catching a break!

-Wolfy