Chapter 31- Ryder

EDITED

--Ryder--

"This is the person you thought was dead for all these years. She grew up in the jungle and was raised by the cats, she was the one 2 years ago and-" I start but am cut off.

"I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. Your sister is dead, she has been for 17 years. You need to get that into your thick skull boy," my dad repeats.

"I know that's what you think but listen for once-" I'm cut off again.

"I AM YOUR FATHER! YOU DO NOT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT!" My dads voice booms around the room. Mum places a soothing hand on his arm and he calms down a little.

My mother directs her next question at Peace, "sweetie, what's your name again?"

Peace snaps out of whatever haze she was in, "he call me Peace. Nala and other call me Ice." She states.

"Who's Nala honey?" Mum ask, her beta female side coming out.

"My mum. Amber and Trixie are sister and Harold was dad," she answers shakily.

"How did Harold die? Sorry if I'm being intrusive but I need some information before I let my son hang out with you," she says softly. I watch in amusement.

"It ok. Harold killed by walker, or maybe was shifter... I never tell difference between them. Nala could, and she tell how old scent is, she was amazing," Peace whispers in a far-off voice.

"Oh honey, come here," mum says holding out her arms, "how did Nala die?" She asks when Peace is in her arms.

"She say age, she die in my- my- my..." Peace starts but tears fall and she can't finish her sentence.

"Your house?" Mum offers. Dad and I watch silently. Peace shakes her head.

"Cave, we take her to meadow then wolf come, try to take her," Peace says. A small whine escapes her, making my heart clench.

"Ok. Enough of this, we need to take her to the alpha. He can deal with her," dad announces standing up. Peace's face pale when she hears the word alpha.

"No, please, no. No alpha, no no no no, please please no!" She wails, shuffling against the wall. Both my parents look to me for an explanation.

"The last alpha she met uh... Kinda locked her in a room for 3 weeks," I whisper, looking at my feet.

"Oh, baby, it's alright. This alpha won't do that, he's gonna get you home," mum cries, running to engulf her daughter in another hug.

"I know how get home, I show you if like," Peace says, getting to her feet, "I need say hi to Amber and Trixie an-way."

We nod and follow her out the door.

---------------------

My parents were surprised when Peace marched us through the jungle. I found it funny how confident Peace looks right now, crawling through the undergrowth. While we decided to stay standing, Peace got on all 4's and started walking us like that. I had to stifle a laugh at the looks on my parents faces.

I can hear the distant sound of the fall up ahead so we're close. We emerge from the trees to stand on the river bank, my parents instantly freezing while Peace jumps around. On the other side of the river is one of the two other panthers, just sitting there munching on a fish.

Peace races over and looks to be conversing with the large cat. I was so wrapped up looking around at the beauty surrounding me I didn't hear the footsteps until it was too late.

So.... Hi? I just have to thank @leeskykey for the amazing support! This chapter is dedicated to you. You've been with me, commenting and liking, pretty much from day one and for that I am so so so so thankful! I can't put it into words, but if you weren't commenting I probably would have given up ages ago.

Please, and I know every author says this, comment and tell me what you think! Please vote as well because it would mean the world to me!!!

-Wolfy