Chapter 20- Ice

EDITED

--Ice--

My eye focuses in on my target, watching it move around. It darts off one way before gliding in the other. I wiggle my butt, my head bent, ready to pounce. A barely audible growl resounds throughout the jungle, interrupting my hunt.

I jump up, my fish gone, and head in the direction Trixie's growl came from. I creep over the lip of a rock only to see a terrifying sight. My sister trapped in a ring of foreign wolves. They circle her like prey. I rise to my full height and let out the loudest growl I have ever made before. All eyes turn to me.

I smirk down at Trixie's glare, jumping and landing softly beside her.

What are you doing? she snaps.

Making sure my sister doesn't die tonight I answer.

I'm handling it

Because it so looked like it was being handled I say with an eye roll.

Amber! I scream. Not a stomp layer she's by our sides, her eyes raking over our attackers.

We form a protective circle, lashing out at anyone who dares come closer to our trio. Honestly, this is fun. We should get attacked more often. I can feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins, my eyes focused, my brain alert. All too soon though our attackers retreat.

I blink in confusion. What made them move back? I watch Amber and Trixie trot away from me through a gap the group created. I hurry after them only for the gap to close. They want me. They wanted me all along. Trixie was the bait. The battle to tire me out. Oh no.

I frantically search for a way out, knowing fighting isn't an option. Nothing. The ring starts closing in, I cry for someone, anyone to help me. Some shift and advance even more. I try to fend them off with no success. I feel my body quiver, meaning I'm gonna shift. No! I can't shift now, not when I need the advantage of being a cat!

I'm quickly grabbed and dragged towards what looks like a mobile cave. I'm roughly thrown in, the hill that allowed my entrance instantly lifting up, wrapping me in darkness.

--------

I don't know what's happening. Once the darkness consumed my vision the cave started vibrating under my feet. I'm almost positive we started moving. And now, after a long trip, the hill is lowering itself, revealing a searing light. I hiss and shy back.

My back hits the wall, letting the people advance. I try to deter them from coming closer, it was no use, I shouldn't have tried. They easily wrap my arms and legs up in some kind of vine. I struggle as they drag me into a tall, oddly shaped rock. A polished rock cools my throbbing back as I'm dragged through the oddly shaped 'cave'.

I'm taken down a weirdly shaped hill that scrapes my back even more before being thrown into an enclosed box made of stone and something else. I shrink back into the shadows. The people leave as soon as the transparent entrance closes.

I shift and put my head in my paws, wondering how I'm going to get out of here alive.

Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to Wolfy! Happy birthday to me!
Yay! I'm now officially 14! This is a surprise birthday update and I hope you enjoy!

Bye till next time!

-Catmen (Wolfy)